Thursday, October 16, 2008

A short tale of time, lasagne and MOTH

I've been sitting at my desk, eating left over lasagne. It's gone a little cold, but considering I don't like lasagne, it's pretty good. I'm taking my lunch break, typing this missive, and considering ways I can procrastinate the commencement of my next task. Which really can't be delayed, but I'm giving it a good go.

I know I usually seem to update this thing on a Monday, but here it is, Thursday, and I've not looked at my bloggy reading for almost a week. I will most certainly have LIBRARY of reading to catch up on. When I get a spare minute. Actually, it's more when I get a spare dash of get-up-and-do-it kind of thing.

And time has been slipping away from me. I can't believe that a week has passed since MOTH went north for his holiday. He seems to be having a good time. He is visiting friends he hasn't seen for several years. They have done a little sightseeing he tells me. And has regaled me with a tall tale of fishing. He caught the only fish. And it was a monster too. About 5 inches in length. And since fishermen are known to exaggerate, heaven knows how big it really was.

That also means it's been a week since Sunny returned home, bringing Judah with him. Judah has come to live in our bustling metropolis. He's a country boy at heart, so I hope he doesn't find it all too overwhelming. And when he moves out, he takes Sunny with him. I'm sure I won't know what to do with the space.

Sunny's room seems a lot bigger now. When the Elder moved out, he took over her room. I always thought her room way too small. But guess what. When there isn't stuff spread so thickly you can't see the carpet, there is actually quite a bit of room. We started to move the sofa bed out of his room and transfer it up the hall to the Teen's room. A narrow hall. With not much room to move things.

We turned the sofa about. There were four of us. Three shifting the sofa about; another keeping the mattress at bay. The mattress that Sunny had been sleeping on. It sits on the floor - he has no bed frame.

We experimented getting the sofa stuck in the doorway. The original plan was to actually get it OUT of the room. And we were almost sure that MOTH hadn't removed the door from its hinges to get it in there in the first place. Hmmmm. And we let it rest against the door while we thought about it.

Only to discover that yes, the door is hollow, and the wood is soft....

Oops! We moved it back to where it was. I wasn't game enough to continue shifting it. But the Teen planted herself on the floor saying let me think about this. And about half an hour later, I could see from the loungeroom the light in the hall had changed. I went to investigate, and lo! She and Judah had the sofa upended and out of Sunny's room. They were in the process of wrestling it down the hall and into her room. I helped for a short time. And there it is, now in her room where she wanted it.

Of course, she hasn't yet folded it out - that requires shifting some other furniture in her room.

Ah well. Maybe the weekend.

I'm just waiting to get organised so I can steal the Elder's tv from Sunny's room. *rubs hands together*

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Oh the joys of moving furniture! sounds like fun. hey, when the boys move out, you can have a "retreat" with another tv, lounge, exercise bike...computer room.... spare bedroom.... arts and craft room....


ahhh, the possibilities...