Monday, December 13, 2010

Whoops.....

I think I accidentally shut Sheldon in the rumpus room last night. Um ahhh! I could have sworn he was under the table.

It seemed like a short week this week. I'm on holidays next week *can't wait!* so I think this week will be looooong enough to feel like 3!

Tuesday morning I found out that I needed to catch the bus home. This means an early finish. Sigh. A late start and early finish means I have to make up time. I tell Zman that I will catch the bus to work tomorrow to make up the time.

Wednesday morning I'm first in the office. Whoo! Work is having their Christmas party this afternoon and I'm looking forward to it. An all staff meeting this morning means not much work will be done.

I'm minding my own business and the work photographer lines me up for a photo. What for? It's ok, she says, I just want your eyes. For a competition. She pins down three others for the same thing.

The party starts at 4pm. I wander upstairs to the tearoom sometime after that. There are plenty of people there. I look at the pictures on the noticeboard for the competition. Wow. Just seeing eyes is different! It takes me a little while to pick out mine. There they are! Whew. Today they don't look bloodshot or wrinkly. *is pleased*

Zman has been picking me up from the house this week. MOTH has instructions not to drive for a week. This makes my actual pick up time a bit later than normal. I opt to catch the bus to work on Thursday as I have a meeting at 9.30am and Zman can't guarantee we'll be at work by then. I catch the 7.45 bus so MOTH and I leave the same time.

I plan to catch the 7.45am, arrive in the city at 8.30am then catch the 8.40am to work. I get into the city just after 8.30 and head for the next bus. Uh oh. There IS NO 8.40 SERVICE! Silly me. The service is 8.30 or 8.50. I have to catch that one and miss the start of my meeting after all! Oh, sweet irony!

I make it to work and the meeting just in time.

Friday arrives and I don't feel like doing much. It's our SECTION Christmas lunch. When I mentioned work before, I meant the whole division. Today it's just my immediate workmates going to lunch.

We've booked the venue and pre-ordered our meals. All is good with the world. Most of us catch the bus to the nearest stop and walk to The Morrison from there. They do great steak I've been told. I don't know - I'm one of these strange people who goes to a steak house and orders something other than steak. I've asked the chef to change the sauce on the prawn linguini from tomato to creamy garlic. When it arrives, they've done it but oh! They've left the chilli in. Never mind, it adds an interesting touch to the dish. The sauce is creamy, the pasta al dente and the prawns are tender and juicy.

After most of us have gone, C *my supervisor* has asked her partner to pick us up. He arrives just as we are about to leave C on her own. *we're cool like that* We sit and chat for a while longer. He's had a very busy and difficult morning - judging entries in the ward Christmas decorating. They all seem to have really dived into the spirit of the thing and the photos he shows us are amazing.

He gives us a lift back to work.

Saturday, energy was at a very low ebb and I didn't do much more than watch a movie and sleep a lot. Oh wait. I spent money I didn't have on dessert. Lion's Christmas cake. It's our tradition to buy on every year. We serve it sliced with vanilla icecream and Paul's brandy custard. DELICIOUS!

Sunday I look at what needs to be done and just can't bring myself to do it. I've laid out the trundle bed in the room I use for ironing, and put the ironing board in the cupboard. I've yet to make it up, shift the other single proper and put away the drying rack. The house needs cleaning top to bottom - it's so much messier than it should be!

The lawn also needs mowing. The rain has encouraged it to grow but not allowed the ground to dry out enough to avoid getting bogged. The garden is beginning to get to the point where I can't tell the weeds from the plants. Stupid rain.

Oh, MOTH's appointment was a follow up with his GP after his hospital stay. They requested a chest examination because of the oxygen levels. His GP shrugged. He didn't have the equipment to monitor blood oxygen levels anyway, but pronounced MOTH's chest clear. He looked at the wound and decided he liked the progress.

It's now 9 days post op and the wound is still weeping. The incision site looks clean but the belly button area still weeps copious amounts by the end of the day. Shouldn't that be drying out by now?

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

yes, get that house cleaned up or the kids will make it twice as bad! tee hee.

Did poor Sheldon make a mess?

*flyelool* don't forget to clean up all the flyelool from the kitchen.

nah, that didn't really work, did it?

Butterfly Kissez said...

I love Christmas time but all the christmas lunches and parties make me feel like a beached whale! Way too much food and all too good to say no to lol. Three work dos this week *eek*

My poor house really needs a good clean up. I started spring cleaning in October and so far have done the kitchen and dining room! *blush*. And forget the garden...the weeds have taken control and the grass is thicker than I have ever seeen it!

JoeinVegas said...

Company Holiday parties - sometimes they are fun!