Sunday, May 12, 2013

I'm going on adventure!

Well, maybe not really. Just the conference rolls around again in another week. Doesn't time fly?

And with that, time is slipping away so quickly. It's been almost two weeks since I last updated and I'd not even realised.

I've been meaning to phone Ma to check on her, but I keep missing that too. I should phone her today since today is Mother's Day. I tried earlier but there was no answer, so perhaps she was out for the day. I hope so. It would be nice for her to get out and do some stuff, even if D'niece and D'nephew are with them.

Work has been keeping me very busy. The project I have been working on is coming along quite well and I'm hoping that continues. Of course, having said that, there is every chance I've just jinxed myself! I guess we wait and see. I confess to some surprise that so far, I've been left to manage it on my own. Beyond the whole having to reevaluate thing of course.

There seems to be a thing that the only time I have interesting things to write about during my trips to work is when I'm on the bus. Maybe it's just the bus. Following one to work I had to laugh when it had to suddenly slow down to allow a scrub turkey to run across the road. Neck extended the turkey jogged quickly in front of the bus and up the bank on the other side.

The conference is drawing near. There's so much I've not been involved in this year and I'm not necessarily thinking I will enjoy it. Even Admin2 isn't interested this year. We didn't even get to choose the furniture for the booth. We don't get to attend the Sunday event - now moved to Tuesday - that we used to. We don't even get to attend the conference until Tuesday. We used to arrive Saturday for early morning Sunday set up, right through to the following Friday evening. Not anymore.

There's a little cash left and I'm dying to see the new Star Trek movie. MOTH wants to see it too. We head to the shops for a cup of coffee, spend a little time with John as most of the Club are busy this morning, then head off to the cinema. I'm hoping they will let us in at Pensioner prices. I ask for two to the 10:30am screening and put the membership card and the pension card on the counter. I'm charged $19. As I walk away I think that sounds a little steep. OH. Maybe he's charged two adult prices? Whatever, it's still less than $10 each. We head up to the 'candy bar' and purchase a large raspberry frozen coke, a packet of Starburst snakes *YUM* and a small packet of twisties. There's about $7 change from that and I'm pleased. I loved the movie. Of course, it may help that I'm a bit of a Trekkie but I really did enjoy it. Riveting from the beginning. Action, good dialogue that had some of us chuckling and Bennedict Cumberpatch doesn't disappoint either. Though I confess I would have been surprised if he had.

OH MY GOD I'M SUCH A BAD MOTHER! It's gone 8:30pm and I've just realised that I forgot to feed the kittehs! Penny jumped on the desk with me and I suddenly thought, wait, did I give them dinner? Oh my.

It's Mother's Day today. I tried to phone my mum but she isn't home. I thought I'll phone after dinner around 7pm when the kids are about to go to bed. And I just realised it is 8:15pm and now too late to call. My memory is really shot today!

MOTH cooked a lovely dinner for me tonight. Roast beef with baked vegetables. He also bought me a present without any prompting as well. A big tin of Darrel Lea chocolates. It's amazing. The tin is lovely and I can use it for other things later.

My doctor is still pressing me to go back to the sleep clinic to be fitted for a machine. I can't bring myself to do this. Supposedly my sleep apnea is moderate so I would really like to investigate other options. I don't know anyone who likes their machine. MOTH cannot get used to his. I simply cannot afford to purchase a machine for me and not use it. I don't like the thought of putting the mask on my face. I don't like things touching my face and get really panicky if I can't breathe. If MOTH kisses me and I can't breathe the feeling is the same. Bestie's hubby has been trying a new contraption for his, a mouth guard. It costs about $70, it can be heated and custom fitted and is supposed to change the shape of the throat and jaw. She tells me he no longer snores and she loves it. I'm saving up to try this. MOTH is interested too. The device has a life of about 18 months but at only $70, that can't be bad, right?

As part of this investigation into other causes, I've recently had a CT scan. It shows only minimal thickening of the sinus linings and a slight septum deviation to the right. Still doesn't give me a clue as to why I have constant sinus pressure and a blocked nose though. Sigh. On the other side, I'm still feeling tired but some days are good and some are not. My iron intake has been doubled and we'll see how that goes.

I think I need to get active. But I've got no energy to actually do it. Vicious circle.

Whoo! One of the shows I watch on Foxtel is Grimm. Next week is Zombies! Bring it!

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

that sinus thing is another getting old thing - I have it too. Constantly snotty nose, always got stuff in my throat, snoring now when I never used to. And my right side is worse than my left....

No, we ain't related! lol!

PS phone your mother tonight!!

JoeinVegas said...

Two main things you can do for apnea: the CPAP machine or losing weight. I did the CPAP for about a year, then lost weight. I gained it back and am trying to lose again. I didn't like the machine for the mask and pressure, but I did like being able to sleep and be refreshed when I woke up.