Monday, December 09, 2013

Furbies are top toys again

I have finished my Christmas shopping! Yay me! Usually I'm doing the last of it Christmas Eve eve. That's what it's for, right?

Now I'm thinking about having to get the sedation for Jerome, enough for 2 x 4 hour trips, and 1 x 8 hours. I have no idea if it's even possible but maybe even a couple of hours might help. No, Jerome doesn't travel well at all. He tries to break out of the carrier and yowls like a Siamese for several hours. Oh, and if I decide to take food up north, what do I take. And how am I going to take it. I would really like to bake a ham. Or roast a duck. For Boxing Day as I won't catch up with the kids until then. Or Christmas night.

Note to self: Alcohol. Don't forget alcohol. Moscato. Lots of it. And a sparkling red. Yeah, gotta get that...

When I get home MOTH has refilled the bird feeder. There are some rainbow lorikeets, and two galahs. I giggle as the lorikeets very carefully monitor what the galahs eat. There's a 'keet on the ground and the galahs join it. It thinks they're getting too much and sees them off to the edge of the spilled seed. I've seen them hold off two cockatoos they thought were eating their seed!

There are two weeks to go. I'm mega excited but I'm also beginning to have panic attacks. If I can just not think beyond the end of the year I should be alright. Yes. I will be alright.

MOTH notices a microwave/grill/convection in a catalogue. On the way back from somewhere he decides we will go and look at it. And we do. We're looking, discussing and thinking about it. No rush, right? And suddenly I find I'm paying for a new microwave/grill/convection and a new tower fan. Oh my. Well, I used to use the grill to cook my chops and sausages. I've sort of missed doing that as the one we have seems to only microwave these days without setting off the safety switch. So, now I have a new one. It comes with a Matt Moran cookbook. But it seems I have to claim that from the supplier web site. Darn. Don't like doing that. Okay, and when I look at the website it seems we've managed to get the appliance for about $200 cheaper in store than the RRP. Whoo!

The Teen made me giggle. She was going to her first ever work Christmas party and like the nerdy girl at school going to her first ever party she didn't know what to wear or to do. Later, someone posted a video of her without sound. I would have loved to have heard it. She's waving her arms about then suddenly jumps up and begins to dance and pose. I giggled like a mad loon.

Elder has decided to give Freddie a clip for summer. She sent a photo but I couldn't believe it. I thought I was looking at a photo of Hefe. Freddie looks totally different!!

I have suffered from a moment of madness and done something I thought I would never, ever do. I've joined the Wankiness club and have personalised license plates. They haven't arrived yet but I'm eagerly looking forward to their arrival. They'll look exactly like this ... but different.

I'm really looking forward to Boxing Day when I hope to catch up with my kiddies. Elder, Teen, Burrich, Asian, Barbie, and maybe even the new one. We haven't really met yet. Hopefully he's a teeny bit scared.

So. Two weeks to go. Probably going to be the longest two weeks of the year.

Ah, so much to do at work, and so little enthusiasm....

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

you won't know yourself after then!

Are you stopping off on the way up on Xmas day then? Can't wait to catch up on 27th. Can't remember if you offered to collect us or no??