Saturday, May 26, 2018

Dusty's Scrapbook part 2

Is it wrong to have doubts about your children and the way you have raised them? I know I shouldn’t. She’s my daughter and I love her unreservedly. But it’s all just so… convenient. Just a little too convenient. And it doesn’t sit right. I shall never broach the subject with her. I don’t want to find out something I don’t really want to know.

I noticed something untoward when I dropped by the new Mayor’s house. I needed to get to know Acquisition faction but where to begin. He’s so reclusive I decided on a direct approach and took Spark with me. In hindsight it was perhaps not a good move…

Cygnus and Aquila were growing so very fast when Fate decided to expand the family yet again. Three rambunctious young ladies who keep us on our toes! Columba, Delphinus, and Carina. I loved having a full house. We broke tradition this time round and named our children after the stars. The stars are so beautiful here at night.

Spark seemed preoccupied. I wasn’t sure why but I had an inkling. And then I found out for sure.

As a mother I was worried. I hadn’t noticed anything going on. Not even any tension between Spark and Omar. All was normal. Or seemed to be. They seemed happy together.

And then, Omar ate the cake. He KNEW you don’t eat the cake. Did she whisper? Did she tempt? It feels like she did. She was free now to have who she wanted.

She mourned for a short time then picked up where she left off. It just seemed too, too easy. Now she and Mayor Chilliad are married. It was the weirdest wedding I’ve ever been to. I guess he doesn’t have many friends.

I wonder if this one will survive. She seems happy. Again.

I should be thinking of contacting the Cliff Dwellers again. It’s very odd. They are odd. Each time I visit the house I need to reintroduce myself and begin our acquaintance again. Precipice was one of my first friends but it’s like she’s completely forgotten…

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Look! I finally read it!