Thursday, July 26, 2007

Argh! Semester is back!

I noticed it properly today. Yoiks!

For a start, it's all so much noisier.

I've never been able to figure out why the student species must congregate in the walkways, on the stairs and cluster in groups where the heaviest foot traffic is likely to be.

Today, as I ventured off to pilates class - late I might add - I had to negotiate a group of international students. Who had decided to take up residence right in the middle of the footpath. No, I stand corrected. Right across the entire width of the footpath. To the extent that, to get past, I was required to negotiate the woodchip that borders the path under the trees. And this isn't a narrow path either. But, it is a major thoroughfare, so I guess it was to be expected.

Now, I didn't say anything. I'm a pussycat that way. But I did mumble some curses as I strode past. And they slowly meander off to goodness knows wherever it is students go.

And they are everywhere. It is necessary for me to force my way through them all to get where I need to go.

My senses are completely assaulted by the sheer numbers. Noisy, obnoxious and way, way too many of them.

I'm sure this university would get along better without them........

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

I don't know, cranky old timers complaining about the youth of today...right with you sister!