Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A Post about nothing...

Getting sort of Seinfeld with that post title......

So, I am back at work, still working on staff travel. Just lately it seems to be that nothing I plan is working out right. Up till I was off sick, I was flat strap trying to resolve a problem that should never have existed in the first place. But I listened to my travellers' request, and hey presto, problemo. Big one. That didn't get solved until after 5pm Friday afternoon. And they were to travel on the Sunday. Or even the Saturday. I can't remember. The whole thing was so traumatic I have blocked it.

Now I have travel to the USA to organise. But I can't get the flights I want. It seems they are all booked out. The agent tells me it's due to school holidays. What I want to know is how can people afford to travel overseas and take the kids with them???

And I have just completed organising domestic travel. But guess what - someone else was booking the accommodation, and I found out around 4.45pm that they booked the wrong night. So I had to try fix that one as well.

Never ends, does it.

But last weekend I got to ride on the coattails of MOTH's birthday and went to Gold Class. For the first time. And I really enjoyed the experience. Ok, so we were almost the only ones in the cinema, but I think that's what made it so enjoyable. We deliberately chose a matinee screening of Fantastic 4 Silver Surfer. And the only other person came in about half hour after it started. But I loved the film, and I loved Gold Class. Definitely going to do that again.

Oh, and the other bit of nothing..........

Bf asked the question. The Elder said yes. Apparently. No date set, but a couple years in the future. No ring yet, but saving up for it. I have warned her. I have a Grand-cat. I don't want Grand-kids......

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

who is the grand cat???? Oh, by the way, good news, yes? Bout time someone in the family got married - every one else is too slack to do so!!

Anonymous said...

blech! Marriage??!! 'sides, didn't they hit splitsville not too long ago?

SOL's view said...

Yes, they did. It lasted for 1 week max, and he proposed shortly after. Obviously not everyone is afraid of commitment......