Monday, September 20, 2010

Rain? When did that happen?

It's raining today as I make my way to the bus. And water seems to be dripping into my shoe. What's that all about then? From my umbrella too. Sometimes things just seem to be out to get you.

Jerome is turning out to be a cute handful. *pronounced jeremy* Yes, he's a VERY good jumper and loves the kitchen bench. I've now learned that I can no longer be a slacker and I have to make sure that I either wash the dishes or stack the dishwasher straight away. I can't leave them unattended anymore or that cute little bundle will be up there and sampling the leftovers.

He seems to have settled in well in typical cat fashion and has begun slowly taking over the house. Being a kitten he still gets the 'rips' late in the evening, tearing around the house and often running into the wall near the windows. Last night he tried to fold himself in half in otter like fashion while trying to play with a very small toy. Entertaining.

It was brought to my attention last week that I had been rather remiss and failed to mention the Car. Yes. With a capital. The one that Zman bought. I love it! Brilliant! It's a pleasure to slide into every morning. It's black. With red racing stripes. The interior is colour coordinated leather, black and red. Sport seats. And smoooooth. Zman plants his foot and the car answers straight away. None of this hang on a tic I'll get there business!

Thursday MOTH informs me that Jerome can open the french doors. I don't know why this surprises me - cats can do those things. We decide to leave the doors open at night now.

Thursday is also a regular bus home night. Zman attends french class *ooo oui madame!* A lady catches my eye as she gets on. Wha? What's going on there? Let's start at her feet. Her little canvas mary janes are purple with white trim. Her over the knee socks are striped - purple, pink, white and possibly the odd black one. She has a long knitted cardigan. Quite a dainty looking thing. It's lilac. I can't see what she has underneath, it's hidden by the cardigan. Wrapped around her shoulders is ..... a purple shawl. At first I think she is hedging her bets by wearing two, but no. It's only one and it is two shades of .... purple. It has purple pom poms. Her hair is tied back with a curly pink and white tie. Nothing like a dash of colour coordination, is there.

Friday morning, I have a doctor appointment and I've let MOTH off lightly. I will take the bus to work and he can go home. I leave him in the shopping centre car park and when I return the car is gone. Well, alright, I've been gone for a while and the phone has been turned off. No message. He must have gone then. Oooh! Look! My bus is there waiting. I dive on. Then text. Turns out he'd nipped down to the service station for fuel while he was waiting. Ah well.

I'm on the bus and almost at the stop. I decided to go all the way into the city instead of doing a change at an earlier stop. For some reason, I don't like the change because the buses at the change stop on the side of campus WHERE THERE IS A HILL. The others don't. So, all the way in. We head down the tunnel *the stop is underground* and suddenly come to a halt. The bus in front is also just sitting there. A couple of minutes go by and I'm wondering what the holdup is. I can't see! Oh. Turns out it could possibly just be the fact that the bus in front was at the very end of the platform and we couldn't go past.... anticlimatic!

But it's Friday afternoon! I'm ready to leave. Zman has been off sick today so I'm catching the bus. A beeping sounds. A light flashes. Wait! What? It's 4pm and the fire alarm has gone off. I tell the fire warden - Admin2 - that if we get the evacuate alarm, I'm gone for the day. Sure enough off it goes and so do I. Whoo!

The Teen is out Friday night. All is quiet. Till Jerome thinks it's dinner time. We've taken to feeding him the same time we eat.

Saturday morning late I get a text. Mu-um! Can you come pick me up? Can't you get the train? No, the electronic ticket *go card* has no balance. You have no cash? No, nothing. MOTH is reluctant, but I like the idea of a drive to somewhere new. We plug in the navigator and off we go. MOTH blows raspberries in her general direction while she tries to send us through the city. I have no idea why she is trying to do that; it is northside, but you don't need to go through the city to get there.

Wait, is she confused? Is she not calibrated properly? MOTH has a general idea we need to get to the north-west. She's sending us city direction. Still. We're headed for Enoggera. We eventually get there. And then Karen becomes useful. Wonderful. We pick up the Teen and head back. We've disconnected Karen. Whoops! Missed the turn. We go around the block and head back. We know which corner we're looking for. Teen pipes up from the back. Can't we just go up Windsor Street? Whoa! It's the street we want and we've nearly gone past it again. Look at that. It's Windsor Street. Smart little cookie.

The rest of Saturday Teen and I spend watching a Harry Potter marathon.

It's finished Sunday. Then what? I play WoW for a little while. Teen sleeps on the couch. MOTH facebooks at the other end of the house.

Last night, after a little research while watching a Bones rerun, I download a chat program for the iPad. I know it's not going to be much use outside the house or off campus *i don't have 3G*, but at least I can sit on the couch and watch telly while I chat to MOTH at the other end of the house, right?

Right.

5 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Sounds like an eventful week. But tell me, what was she wearing on the bottom? above the socks??

The car sounds lurvley! Fluffy wants to look at a 2005 Ford Enforcer, green, very nice looking, but he won't actually go look at it. Bah. tis a lovely car!

SOL's view said...

Sorry! Should have mentioned the cardi was long; tunic length in fact.

Anonymous said...

You big softie. Admit it, a house is soooo much nicer with a cat around... :-P Glad you are enjoying him... lubs ya xxx moose

JoeinVegas said...

Back on WOW? I still haven't hooked mine up, too much going on and I know I'll get sucked in.
We get Bones reruns almost every night, new one starts Thursday but the network switched Big Bang to be at the same time so we will get one or the other in reruns later.

sparklingmerlot said...

Jerome sounds purrrfect. Thanks for asking about the bottom, Froggy - my mind was boggling a bit!