Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm confused. No wait ... maybe I'm not.

Just lately I seem to be busy. Not a good busy or a great busy, just ... busy.

After all the rain last week, it begins to ease off. The yard is soggy but at least there is a little sun. I've decided to cook some mustard cream chicken dish. Slightly modified of course as the original recipe is for pork. Two tablespoons of mustard hey. Well, the dijon should do for that ... ... wait a minute! I don't have any left. Ok, let's try the powder. I'm down to a mere sprinkle there too. And the seeded has a teaspoon left. What gives! I've usually got mustard everywhere. The only one left is ... hot english. Don't think I'll use two tablespoons of that.

I've downloaded a game patch this week. And wondering if it's the same one as last week. A friend assures me that perhaps it won't all download again, it will just pick out what I don't have from last time. It still takes a while though. I can't back out of it either. Whew. Wishing I hadn't done that. Gameplay is shocking. And it seems I'm not the only one with trouble either.

I'm riding the bus home on Thursday evening. It's not raining and I see a girl out riding. Her bicycle is the same shade of pink as her tshirt! What are the chances? Not far in front of her are two other riders. And flying frantically in front of them is a pale headed rosella. He finally dives off into the trees and I wonder what it looked like from the cyclists perspective.

It's sunny today on Friday. MOTH has finally been able to mow the lawn. I suddenly realise I've not yet mended the shirt that Judah dropped off for me some weeks ago. The job is so small, yet it's so difficult to start.

I'm chatting to someone and we're talking about cross stitch. I've not done any for years and have thought about getting back into it. I've told her I would look through my stuff - you know, that stuff that never seems to get unpacked after a move - and see if I can find it. It's nearly finished and I'd like to place that last thread.

Gameplay is improving. I've read through forums trying to find information. Don't you love it when you have to research before you can play a game?? It seems that you can access the game before all the updates are fully installed and perhaps that was the problem? It's still not perfect but better than previous.

Friday night I light a candle for the lost babies. It burns for an hour, but I've only a tea light. I've used it to kindle the scented wax. I've not lost a baby, but I know some who have...

http://www.mamamia.com.au/weblog/2010/10/stillbirth.html

Saturday dawns and it's like the wind has blown the sun across the sky. I've wandered out to the kitchen; instead of shining with intense ferocity directly through the window the beams slant obliquely across the grass. The wind pushes the palms and the trees about, the clouds are light and white. The sky is blue, the air is clear. I hope it continues like this - it's going to be a beautiful day.

I pop out to the shops, including *gasp* Bunnings. But that's alright, I'm only visiting the gardening section. My purchases today amount to some coriander plants, parsley plants and lemon grass. Most importantly, Cadbury strawberries and cream. Mmmmm.

I shift the ladder to begin looking for the cross stitch. I'm standing there, looking up at the boxes most of which are about level with the top of the ladder. No, I don't think I'm wanting to finish that cross stitch after all.

For something different Sunday I shall do a roast for lunch. While it's cooking, I've washed the glass outdoor table and 4 chairs. I shall leave the other setting for another time. I've pulled some weeds. Vacuumed and mopped the tiled floor. Done the washing. It's coming to 11.30 am and the roast is ready. Maybe a little more ready than I would have liked. After carving it's still tender, but a little dry. I think it was probably ready at 11, but I wasn't sure how long it would take. I've cooked it for 3 and a half hours on 150 deg C. It's still good though.

I've talked MOTH into setting up a television in the dining area. It's the only place left that has a co-axial connection. And I want to tape Sherlock. The series looks good but it's up against Bones. I've watched the first two episodes of Bones already, but really it's a no brainer.

I watch Sherlock this morning and it seems it's three movie length episodes, different stories each night. Over three consecutive nights. That's my viewing for the next couple of days sorted then...

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Strawberries and cream...mmmmm...

So, in other words, the cross stitch box is about second shelf on the bottom cupboard? LOL!

JoeinVegas said...

But Bones will be on forever in repeats - except you don't want to get out of sync. I missed the first episode this year and am still wondering how they all got back.

Gastronomy Gal said...

haven't tried the strawberries an creams choc yet!