Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The duck

Yes, the duck is still there. I think about getting a photo but the bus is never stopped where it might be visible in a camera.

--------------

I like catching the early bus during the spring/summer. Positively detest it in winter. In summer the sun is peeping over the highway and everything is cast with a golden glow. There is plenty of greenery beside the highway, open areas between the roads with grass and trees, or untamed bushland. This morning there are cockatoos ground feeding on one of the open spaces. That's something I don't get to see every day.

--------------

The suburb down from mine seems to be growing at a rather phenomenal rate. New houses are springing up everywhere and I miss the odd glimpse of wallabies, peeping through the long grass at the bus as it goes past.

-------------

I glance up as we head along the highway to the shopping centre a couple of suburbs over. The light pole swoops over in a graceful arc, artfully decorated by several galahs lined up and looking down.

I wonder what they are up to. If they were corellas, I would suspect they are 'bombing' unsuspecting cars.

-------------

I applied for a position outside my current work unit. I found out yesterday I didn't get it.

Totally devastated as I think I would have done really well. I think I'm ready for new and exciting. I guess though that I should be thankful. I did make it as far as shortlisted for an interview. The lass who gave me the news told me I interviewed really well. Surprising because I thought I flubbed it.

The successful applicant has experience in a field *ok, so it was mentioned in the job description, but desirable not essential* relevant to the position that I don't. I imagine in fact that very few people would have this experience. I'm not quite certain how it would fit into the job aside from making people feel like they were dealing with another funeral director!

The position was Bequest Coordinator and oversees the Body Donor Program among other things. See. Interesting and exciting.

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

hey, that job would have been right up MY ally! hahahah

Better luck next time, and chalk this one up to experience. That job is out there, just waiting for you, you know it!