Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday morning confusion

The ducks finally hit the water on the weekend, but not without a small amount of drama. Someone decided to set the $10,000 duck free and it was found floating some hundred of metres downriver. He was brought back home, the race launched, the PA Research Foundation raised a bucket, and someone lucky won a car.

----------------------

I transit through the city in the mornings on my way to work. Not because I have to, but because I love the bustle and I don't have to fight students for a seat. I'm standing at the lights and the woman standing next to me is wearing a soft knit dress with a black bodice and striped skirt. It's about knee length, a little higher. And as my eyes travel down I see she is wearing black leggings .... and black socks. Teamed with lovely strappy silver sandals with a mid heel. Wtf?

----------------------

There's a man on the corner selling raffle tickets. I've not seen him for ages. He suffers from cerebral palsy and he's possibly very confronting for some. Most people seem to ignore him, some are downright rude. I just smile and shake my head. I do find that I am uncomfortable, even though any ticket seller makes me feel so. I wonder why this is.

----------------------

Daydreaming out the bus window when I catch sight of a sign in a little grassland area "Laughter Park". Laughter Park? What the heck? Oh wait ... it's Laugher Park ...

----------------------

The student who has been working in our office has finished his project and today will be his last day. I did not realise, thinking he would be here till the end of the year. He brought in a cake.

I pronounced it chocolatey and good.

----------------------

I know I take my chances but as a regular public transport user I still get really pissy when I get missed by the bus. I see it coming down the road. It's still a way back - is it the right number? Yes! It is. I hail the bus and dig in my bag for my pass. I look up. There is no blinker on. I signal again. Still no blinker. I SIGNAL AGAIN. WHAT, ARE YOU BLIND? I think there's still a small amount of room for the bus to pull in although it might actually come to a halt just beyond the designated stop. A last second wheel swing and the driver decides, nope, no room. He shrugs at me through the closed doors and continues driving down the road.

LOSER! Learn the stops on your route.... It's 20 minutes till the next bus.

---------------------

I can hear a lot of noise outside today. The office is on floor 3 but only 2 flights above ground. It turned out to be about 7 male students playing some form of handball on the concourse. Wow. I thought there was a crowd.

--------------------

There is a crow and a magpie, duking it out on the footpath. I don't know what started it and I wonder what will finish it. Which one would win? It's like asking if Jet Li fought Bruce Lee?

--------------------

I decide I'm going to treat myself to lunch, seeing as I actually have a couple dollars in my wallet. I decide on a sausage roll and front up to the bakery. They're dressed for Halloween. Yay. I'm served by a zombie. I try to make up my mind if I will take a photo. I chicken out and head back to the office. Froggy and Elder tell me I should have so I head back out.

Oh darn! They've decostumed and I can only photo these two.

Peter Pan had a lovely accent....

--------------------

I thought I would spend some dollars on an 'on demand' movie from Foxtel. It kept telling me I needed to have an active telephone line. I can't figure out what the heck it's talking about.

I grab a voucher for the local video store and go for a look. Dammit. Pirates of the Caribbean 4 is all out. I find another instead and when I head to the counter I ask the girl if a copy has come in. It has so I grab it. Turns out to be cheaper than on demand anyway.

I'm glad I didn't see Battle in a cinema. Oh my good goodness, it would have been the wettest cinema ever! I tried so hard not to cry in places!

--------------------

And now for something completely different ... a photo of my flat black cat, Jerome.

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Sure was a good movie.
Still waiting for a pic of the duck. Guess it's too late now.
Jealous you got chocolate cake...

JoeinVegas said...

Sorry your cat is flat. Maybe you can get a repair kit and pump him back up again.