Monday, March 12, 2012

New views

Today, I'm in a different office. A temporary relocation while they do the refurbishment of our 'real' office. I'm wondering what it will look like.

The relocation. Yes. Well. I have a window to look out of but my back is to the walkway. That gives me the heeby jeebies people. The monitor is on my desk, but look! ALL the cables are detached. Great. Dang. Now I can't get the laptop connected to the dock. It usually doesn't give trouble but today, it just won't go. Uh oh. I don't know which port to connect the ethernet cable. Ah well. Since I'm not using the dock I'll just use the wireless for now. Wait. My chair isn't here. And they've left me a scummy one. I cast around and find a suitable replacement. Sort of set up and in a lather of sweat, I can't see my work box. The one I packed and marked with my name and DESK so they knew it had to come here. I look around. It's not here. Great. That contains the work files I will likely need this week, my notepads and all my writing implements. Good one people! Looks like Admin2 gave me a thought while she was busy looking after her own stuff.

Oh dear. Now what will I do all day?

No notes again this week. All the excitement happened last week.

Off sick this week. I had arranged for a week of sick leave with my doctor before I left for north last weekend. And I'm glad I did. I would have had to take time off anyway. Gotta love summer head colds. It's been an age since I last had one.

I sniffled and sneezed most of the way through the early week.

It didn't stop me though from putting that autumn leaf from my friend to good use. Off to one of the larger shopping centres. I thought I would check to compare pricing from one of the big department stores and the local book shop. It's usually much cheaper that way and if I could get it cheaper, I might be able to purchase two books instead of one.

It turned out to be about $4 cheaper at Kmart. Well, I say, if that's all the difference, I spend the extra and shop independent at Dymocks.

I've been taking it slowly and dragging out the reading of the book. This author, Robin Hobb, usually writes in trilogies. But I've skipped forward *naughty, i know* and checked out some of the ending. Not all of it mind, but it gives the impression that this may not be a trilogy after all and I will have another long wait till the next installment! Bummer.

The only other note of interest this week has been Jerome. The cheeky fellow has decided that if I am not out of bed at 5.30 to give him his breakfast, he will sharpen his claws on the ensemble base. That gets a reaction every time! It's something he's learned from Sheldon it seems.

One of his favourite places to rest is an empty laundry basket. He sometimes curls up in it to nap, or he plays. I thought I would make it comfy for him and added a towel to the bottom. He leapt. Front feet in and he noticed it wasn't empty. Back feet came to a screeching halt perched on the edge of the basket. Sniff sniff sniff wriggle wriggle and out he got.

Guess he didn't like the towel after all...

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

In the immortal words of King Julian:

Does anyone else have the heebidy jeebidies?
No?
Good.
So Shut Up...

Ah, finicky kitties...