Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Visitors!

Left home this morning at 06:45. In the office at 07:20. Got to love this driving to work business!

Back in the office now, and all looks good. The outside of the building hasn't been touched beyond a clean, but inside. Wow. Looks great. There are still a couple of things that need to be finished, like the internal security door and the ceiling of the conference room. I will post some photos later when the cable is free.

Put your thumbs together. Go on. Humour me. Now put your index fingers together to form a circle. Yes. Now you've got it. That's about the size of the office visitor I had. Eight legs. Brown. Hairy. I watched it crawl across the corner of my desk. *terribly, terribly glad it went across the back and not under where it might have crawled across my feet!!!!* I watched it for a second. Do I deal with this myself or not? briefly toyed with the idea of getting rid of it myself. NOT!* I gave a half hearted yelp. Admin2 was sitting next to me and immediately bounced to see what was wrong.

Dodge, I call. He sits on the other side of the partition. He pokes his head around. I show him the visitor and then promptly withdraw to let him deal with the situation. Oooo. He agrees that it does indeed look menacing.

The monster senses he isn't welcome, bolts behind the fax machine and ... disappears. Dodge eventually finds him nestled in under my desk and close to my work box. A quick dash from there and he's hiding in the wiring exposed in the wall. Dodge takes the opportunity to put the fixture back flush with the wall and the problem is solved. Hopefully. It was a twitchy couple of days that followed.

On my way to the office door and I'm digging in my bag. I can't find my access card. Great start to the day. Maybe it's still on my desk. The door I need to access is too far away from other people for knocking. Hmmm. The glass door to our office is open, but the green door we need to use is not. Great. I decide to sneak in through the glass door. The builder is there and we chat for a while. I duck under the tape cordoning off the internal stairs. I have to get to my desk. Word to the wise, be careful when ducking under tape to go downstairs. You might just faceplant.

I tell Ma this story later while chatting on the phone and she falls about laughing with the idea that I snuck in the back way and broke into my own office. *shakes head* The imagination of some people.

There's my card. Sitting innocently on my desk. Where I left it last. Sigh.

My week for spiders. I walk down the path toward the bus stop. And through a cobweb. As I'm bent over, wiping it away from my face I'm sure I can see the occupant in my peripheral vision. Luckily, dangling near my hem. And it's not large. I think to myself that this cobweb thing has been happening so often lately that I don't even do the cobweb ninja dance anymore....

So. Admin2 and I have moved back into our end of the office and all seems to be back to normal. I have to decide what to do about putting my wall calendar back up. The wall next to me has been made a lovely feature wall so I doubt I will be able to use blu tack. Actually I'm doubting I'll be able to put up anything at all. I talk MOTH into going into Office Works to see what we can find. Dangerous territory for me. I love that stuff and could spend a fortune in there.

I find some poster strips that I can use. Small, clear double sided squares that are supposed to be removable. We'll see.

While there, I grab a belt clip for my card....

MOTH talks me into going up to the village to sit with the old folks for a while. One of the daughters is there and I spend a lot of time laughing as she stirs MOTH mercilessly. Glad I went after all. In future I just need to make sure that MOTH has enough change in his wallet to buy me something to eat while I'm there. Hmmm. His wallet and my waistline might very well regret this....

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

So you're making friends with the local wildlife. that's good! Lucky you are not arachnophobia...

Did you buy some of those 3M sticky things? They pull off the walls great. If you're careful.

And nice that you have a dodge too. Hope he is better behaved than mine and doesn't let rats loose inside your house..