Monday, February 11, 2013

Mmmm. Wine. Where are you?

Whoops. It seems I missed paying a bill. That's been happening a bit lately! Just plain forgetting. The brain is meeeeelting!

This has been a week of dragging myself off to work. And when I'm not doing that, I'm dragging myself off to my doctor. Or maybe it just seems that way? I'm busily trying to convince my GP that I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. She is busy trying to convince me I have sleep apnoea. It's all swings and roundabouts really. But just stop and let me off, I want to leave the playground!

An ultrasound on Monday, a phone call from the surgery to make an appointment to discuss the results from the iron study she ordered. Par for the course I should think as this surgery is good at follow up.

I really need to try to get my head into gear so I can work up the enthusiasm to try for another position. I think it's time for a change but I'm too tired to string a coherent sentence together. I'd much rather be sleeping.

Off the wall dinner tonight. I am having garlic prawns and since MOTH won't eat prawns *doesn't even like the smell of them cooking* I will have to find an alternative for him. Done. Kransky it is. MOTH decides to cook them himself though. I let him go wild in the kitchen first so he can eat and run away.

Bestie notices that my get up and go has gotten up and left. Have dinner at her place! I think about it. Boxing Day was our last visit. Well, alright, I think I will. She's promised yummy drinks after all. We rock up around 3pm and I warn her of my little garlic self. She laughs it off and greets me with a big hug anyway.

I've no sooner walked in the door and put my phone and glasses on the bench when The Lad is proudly presenting me with his Lego dragon and Ninjago. The ones we were having trouble building on Boxing Day. It's now complete. We promptly plonk ourselves on the floor and he drags the rest of his lego tin out as well. Bestie joins us after a time and I chat and play and chat some more. Before we know it, it's dinner time and we send the men out to the bbq. The Lad is a little reluctant to come to table until I mention it looks like he's sitting next to me.

Dinner is some tandoori chicken, some sausages, and tomato with spring onion. Nothing special and yet, it goes down easy. Especially accompanied by a glass or two of muscato. And then crouchen and riesling for dessert. The kids wander indoors, MOTH and Bestie's man wander off to watch the football, Bestie and I are left to talk.

It's a great way to spend the evening and too soon it's half time in the match and time to head home. I look at the clock and realise it's 8pm. It's been a great afternoon and this bear is sleepy. I think I needed the down time.

I've even managed to muster enough get up to put on a small load of washing and vacuum the kitchen floor.

Oh my! I've missed last night's episode of Murdoch Mysteries! Thank heavens for Foxtel and their need to repeat stuff. I can catch it today. I carefully check the guide so I know when it's on. 2pm. Right. Set. I make MOTH's lunch around 12.30pm. I flip the channel to make sure I'm ready and .... WHAT? It's already started? And not only that, it's nearly finished??? And I allowed for daylight saving too! What happened there??? Wweeeeehhhhh!

I've reconciled myself to the fact I've missed it. I finish making my lunch and browse the guide again. Oh wait! 13th Street +2. Maybe I'm in luck. Yes! Yes I am! *happy dance* I bring my lunch to the couch and settle in to watch.

And that's more or less me gone for the rest of the day. It's too difficult to dig myself out of the couch. Sounds like an excavation, doesn't it. Close enough. It's an old couch and the 'suspension' isn't quite as it may have been. I don't fall asleep but it's a close run thing. MOTH is cooking dinner tonight so I really don't have to move for a while. Some sort of roast pork, but it's precooked. I've never seen it before.

The pork is nice but I miss the crackling. The rind is there but it doesn't crackle. He also informs me that I will have to eat as much as I can. *it's a big piece, that could be a big ask!* Why? Because once it's cooked, it cannot be refrigerated or frozen. What kind of crazy darned idea is that!?

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

A silly idea if you ask me. But, well, there you go.

Glad you had fun with Bestie. Say gidday for me next time please?

Hope you find out what's getting the better of you soon. I suspect it's stress. Or CFS. I'd put my money on CFS. Cause sleep apnoea doesn't just suddenly make you tired.

But that's just my opinion :-D

xx

JoeinVegas said...

Oh come on, leftovers it is!