Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Save all your kisses for me...

Yesterday seemed to be a day of kisses.

An early morning fast and when I was allowed to eat again, off to the bakery to get me a pie. A very healthy pie ... NOT! But it was filling. Trying to eat a hot pie quickly so I can get to work takes ... work. I manage to spill heaps of pastry flakes everywhere. MOTH talks to the Club while I eat. A guest is there today. It's the first time I've seen him for a while. He's very sick and only appears occasionally when he's in the area. A lovely old gentleman, friends with Stan. Softly spoken, gallant and has yet to say a bad word about anyone. Or anything.

I stand to leave and he blows me a kiss. I blow one back.

In to work and in the course of a very speedy conversation, one of the GT's has returned to the office from holiday. He air kisses while he's chattering and we head off to the morning tea table. A morning tea to welcome a new addition to the GTs. Or perhaps it is to commiserate his decent into purgatory...

But on the whole, as I look back and try to remember the little things I did, it begins to occur to me that I am really ... don't remember the week. Like I woke up Monday morning and then again Sunday night, ready to go to bed so I could be refreshed for another day at work. I do recall being awake for a doctor appointment on Thursday to check results of my annual blood tests. Surprising to me was the fact that I have problems with my iron levels yet she didn't schedule an iron study. Oh dear.

All is not necessarily quiet at home, and yet at the same time it is. Elder and Burrich are still away up north, waiting for the highways to open and payday to arrive so they can return. Sheldon seems to be missing them, roaming the house and calling. He's become ... snuggly and picks on Jerome mercilessly. I heard Penny hiss at him the other day.

Having expected them back earlier, my freezer is stocked with meat divided into packs to suit four. Trying to decide what to do with the larger packs is proving to be a challenge. I don't like left overs much, a situation that may just have to change soon.

I've slowed down the playing of Fable 3. Three Heroes have completed the main task, there is only questing left now. Even now that I have no story to drive the game and nothing I do changes the outcome, I continue to want to play. Just not quite as much. It's like delaying the completion of a good book you never want to end.

Elder suggests I take up Gunstringer, a game for kinect. It means ... *gasp* ... I'd have to get off the couch and actually move. Not sure I'm up to that yet!

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

bit like Bubble Witch really - nothing every happens yet we continue to play anyway.. :-)

Hope these new tests come back with some news for you xx

JoeinVegas said...

What's up with Elder's search for a place to stay, or are they now with you forever?