Tuesday, March 12, 2013

How did we get here??

I suddenly realised it's Tuesday and I hadn't done a blog update. That nearly escaped me...

Not that there is anything to update really.

Nope, truly.

I think I mentioned I had been referred for a sleep test. I finally screwed up the courage to make the appointment. The paperwork arrived outlining the date, time, and address of the clinic. Along with a medical questionnaire about my sleep habits. Some of the questions I had to ask MOTH about *do i snore? how do i know? do i wake him up snoring? well i dunno* and he happily supplied answers. One of the questions on the form was How long does it take you to fall asleep at night? MOTH looked at me and grinned. Oh, till about the first letter E he says. We both giggle. Ok, I guess from that I fall asleep pretty quickly.

I'm hoping it's not aponea because I am so totally not enthused about having to wear a mask to bed. Just the idea of something on my face while I'm laying down makes my nose want to block. At any rate, I've done some research and while I don't think I have obstructive aponea, I may very well have the other. That's the one where you aren't getting enough oxygen. We shall see I guess.

Oh joy for me. Look, it says shampoo your hair the morning of the appointment. BUT! No using conditioners, hair oils, gels etc. WHAAA? If I don't use that stuff, how the heck am I going to even get a comb through? My hair is waist length, thick and bleached blonde. I suspect my sleep study will be disturbed by hearing my hair shafts snap off as I lay down or turn over. Ha! And never mind any sounds of the monitors, the noise level outside the cubicle, or them coming in on a regular basis to check the machines....

I've asked for the following day off work. I don't think drooling on the keyboard is acceptable office etiquette.

My Avon nail polish has arrived! Whoo! I had to stop and look at the packaging and compare it because it surely looks different in reality. I thought I was buying one of the 'sequin' ones but it seems it's only a shimmer. Absinthe. Guess what colour that is. Yes. Green. But not quite the green I was expecting. But I do like it. I put it on. Oh..... it's kinda green. A snotty sort of green really. Delightfully gross. Remember that slime stuff you had as a kid? Remember how if you played with it too much it changed colour? A dirty green? Yes, it's almost like that.

The other turns out to be black with a red shimmer. I haven't tried that on yet but it looks lovely in the bottle.

All in all it's been a quiet week. The project I'm working on for work is nearly finished; I'm just trying to whip myself into a frenzy of enthusiasm to finish the final report. Of course, my get up and go has well and truly got up and gone, so we are still waiting for said enthusiasm. And words. Got to have words to finish the report.

And just for something to do, here's a pic of Penny, the walking flea factory...

3 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

It looks like a laying flea factory in that photo.

Colleen Barnett said...

I think that's the colour I just bought. Haven't put it on yet..

Might even get around to updating my blog. Just for something different. One day...

Chris H said...

My mind boggles at the memory of that green slime stuff... I remember it so well.
How about a photo of your hair?? I am trying to get mine longer... need inspiration!