Monday, February 09, 2015

Oh sunny day

Made it through the first two weeks of school. Already. It's only been two weeks though so I have to hope that things will improve. She's out working "off campus" four days a week. I'm hoping that she will get used to this quickly and things will even out a little. You know, learn something new and you have to forget something to make room. Twice now in the last couple of weeks she's had trouble setting the table. And she's been setting the table for nearly twelve months. The first time I was like WTF? and totally frustrated. It took nearly ten minutes to get her to understand what was wrong with the setting and I had to tell her. Last night I changed where MOTH sits so he can have a better view of the television while the news is on. Earlier in the day I told her where he would be sitting. When it comes to setting table time I told her that only he was different and he would be sitting opposite her. And when I look, her setting is normal. Mine has been moved and MOTH had also been moved but not opposite. So it took the next couple of minutes to sort it out. Obviously she doesn't know what opposite means.

Took Jerome out for a walk this morning. It's something I've been doing occasionally while Niece and I wait for her bus. He wanders up and down the street at his own pace. I don't know what anyone things when they see us. A boy and his mum went by and called out a greeting last week. I think they were giggling about a cat on a harness. But hey, it keeps him safe. Although not this morning. Something spooked him and he tried to take off and dash back indoors. I put him in but have no idea what it might have been. He was still wary when I went to take him out the front again later so we went out the back.

He seems a bit happier now, sprawled out in the middle of the floor and sound asleep.

The study goes on. Think I'm still behind but what the heck. I've joined a Facebook group for students doing this course and most of them seem to be behind for one reason or another. So, seems I'm just part of the crowd. I still feel unmotivated though. Hopefully the unit I'm working on will prove a little easier. It's certainly been a bit more enjoyable and more along the lines of things I can do. Instead of, you know, face to face things and working with figures and doing research. Wait. All those things go with study. Why am I studying again? Oh, that's right. I'm a glutton for punishment....

2 comments:

Chris H said...

How about a photo of your cat going walkies? lol
My blog will be back tomorrow. I took a blog break from my family.

Colleen Barnett said...

Yes, a photo of Jerome doing this thing :) Repetition is the key to Niece. Takes a while but changes to the routine throw her, hey. never mind, it will work. Hope the working off campus will work for her. Pity they don't get paid eh??