Thursday, March 12, 2015

Some are growing up. Others, not so much.

Poor Frustrated Froggy. Yes, I think I can understand you there. But both my kids will tell you that I've nagged them for years with the mantra "if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing properly" and that hasn't changed. I'm just frustrating myself I think because my standards are high and they are not being met.

I had a chat to Niece's teacher this week. We are on the same page and it's kind of reassuring to know that some of the behaviours I have noticed are not restricted to home. Teacher thinks that unless things improve Niece will never be picked for a job. She simply cannot stay focussed on a task. There may be other options we can look at for after school but I will have to look at following those up myself. These are places that offer some post school training and a little like work environments but they cost so we would have seek funding. However, Teacher has noticed the brain farts. I mentioned Ma's assessment of manipulative, and Teacher has noticed that too. Also the boys. Very much still focussed on boys and simply cannot/will not stay within the appropriate boundaries of male/female interaction. She's noticed that Niece knows it's not allowed but still does it when she thinks no adults are around. She agrees that Niece's behaviour is simply not safe but also has no idea how to curb it.

Speaking of funding I looked briefly at doing the paperwork for having funding paid directly to me instead of through an agency selected by a Government department. If that happens I need to have a dedicated bank account, keep track of all spending, and justify each expenditure to the funding body but it means that I get to choose how the funding is spent. I'm pretty sure I could handle that but I don't think it's a viable option if Niece is not to stay with me on a permanent basis. AQ at the moment are being quite slack regarding a replacement for Tee who is supposed to be finishing at the end of the month. In fact, she only has two more shifts with Niece but at the moment is having a great deal of car trouble and very little income so we are still owed those two visits. Hopefully that can be fixed soon.

Went out to lunch with a couple of my old workmates. No sooner did they get there then they had to go back. The manager of the GTs had to return because the new General Manager *have i mentioned previously the old GM i didn't like got the boot* had scheduled an immediate appointment. Since he'd given two of the others a lift they decided to return with him. Never mind. The one I baby sit for on a regular basis decided to stay and lunch and we returned him to the office later.

We've arranged to catch up again next Thursday. Plenty of time for someone to throw a spanner in the works between now and then. Heh.

Speaking of growing up...

BMAN HAS BOUGHT A HOUSE!

Yes, you heard me right. He's bought a house. Settlement has gone through and they have picked up the keys. I don't know if Teen's name is on the deeds as well. But she's happy. And I think he is too. It's not new, but the yard is big, it's fenced and there is room for both cars. I think there are some things that need a little renovating but Bman is perfectly happy with that since that was the original plan.

Man, so grown up!! Dammit, next they'll be telling me they want kids *ugh*

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

So this is Teen and BMan? I think that's great news! Is Teen working again? I know she was struggling because of study.

You have indeed lived by the mantra If a job's worth doing it's worth doing properly. Unfortunately, just getting said job done at all is a challenge so I'll take what I can get! lol!

I wish you luck with Niece. I hope you can find some kind of happy ground where everyone is, well, happy....

And no, you didn't mention that the horrid GM got the boot. maybe you can get your job back?? Once Niece's future is sorted, that is...