Thursday, March 19, 2015

Someone has had three hip replacements....

... it was part of a news article. MOTH thinks he's overdone it. He's only got two.

Oh. I forgot to mention the GM got the boot did I? Well. How remiss of me.

He went. Last year. I had heard on the grapevine, then was told to check the company web site. Yep, his name was gone. I still don't know all the details but I've been gathering some of the information. On the day he left, he was called to a meeting with the Director. Apparently he was sacked on the spot and not allowed to return to the office until after 5pm. So the story goes. I was most joyous. The general consensus regarding his replacement is an improvement. The new one did restructure things slightly. But it seems to be for the better.

I still have too much fortnight left over at the end of my budget. On paper it looks great. In reality, not so good.

I did sacrifice some bills to have lunch with the GTs today. It was great to catch up. There was a different bunch this time. This was a replacement for the cancelled lunch last week. We didn't do anything special but ate at the shopping centre food court. This was a grand choice as no pressure to split bills at expensive eateries. I managed to catch a glimpse of a daughter. Find out how a spouse has been. Chatter about the latest *ahem* networking information. And eat. Lunch today was a chicken and prawn laksa from FantAsia. I haven't eaten the laksa from there before but by golly it was good. Almost as good as the noodle place up the road. Almost.

Niece met her new AQ buddy tonight. She seems all right. She's older than Tee with lots of experience so we'll see how that goes. They've gone out to the shops tonight. That's niece's favourite pass time. And it's quiet. I have missed that. Another hour before they get home.

But I know I'm ready for nappage right now. Right. Now. Damn.

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Glad Tee finally has a replacement. Hopefully she'll keep Niece occupied. Good news re the GM. I wonder what happened to get him the flick so suddenly! Big shock for him no doubt. lol. Oh well, he would have had your ex boss to commiserate with.