Wednesday, July 15, 2015

What a shame I have to go back to work

My my time flies. It didn't seem that long ago that I posted my last post *queue dogs howling*

Not a lot has happened here. Or maybe it has. I really don't know. It just all seems so ... normal. For here.

Niece and I had a big dust up, probably about the boy thing. She got really rude about being told off and as a result didn't get to go to Movieworld but sent to bed instead. The morning of her birthday the bus didn't turn up. Turns out she had told them not to pick her up as she wasn't going to school. When the bus came back to pick her up, Niece pushed past me and got on the bus, face like thunder, and slammed her seatbelt into the catch while I spoke to the lady who looks after the kids on the bus. I told her that Niece had sworn black and blue that she had not told them not to pick her up. In hindsight, I should have phoned the bus company the night before when Niece told me this. But ah well, I obviously wasn't switched on then. And as far as I'm aware Niece never apologised for that.

So she didn't go to Movieworld because she'd had the huge tantrum. *hey. just noticed. sometimes when i breathe out i fog up my own glasses. how cool is that??* After a time when I'd cooled down I spoke gently to her and pointed out *again* how bad actions get bad results. And *i think* because she didn't get to go to Movieworld she was on her best behaviour for a while after that. So. All is once again calm.

But yesterday she brought home a dress. One of the teacher aides bought it for her while they were out for school, a shopping activity looking at different types of clothes shopping. This wouldn't have bothered me too much but I got the impression from the letter enclosed with the dress that Niece had asked for it to be bought for her. And Niece tells me no other child in that activity had something bought for them. I made her take it back along with the amount owed for the cost of the dress. And told her that the money had to come from either her or me so she wouldn't be getting her money for dinner while she's out with her support worker. Harsh, maybe, but nothing comes for free. And she must learn that there are consequences for every action she takes. I've also emailed her teacher and left the final decision with her regarding whether Niece gets to keep the dress or not. Either way, someone still needs to pay for it. I hate feeling obligated and I've never met this teacher aide.

Study still goes on. I'm slowly working my way through it but I still have no idea what to do with the diploma when I finish. The field is very competitive *why do i always manage to choose the ones like that? it's impossible to get work doing this unless i try establish my own business. which is harder than trying to get a job working for someone else* Everyone seems to want to do weddings, festivals, parties. There are so many companies out there doing this. You only have to search the internet to see this. So I thought I would go the other direction. And that seems to be just as difficult. Funeral Celebrants are few and far between but funeral companies have their own preferences. Celebrants also lead the ceremony and I definitely don't want to do that. I only want to help the relatives plan the event. The funeral director *or whoever usually does that* can lead the ceremony!

So I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with that. And office work I can do is kind of scarce. I've been out of work for nearly two years now and I'm over 50. Things are going to be a little ... rough out there.

But Niece managed to get to Movieworld after all. Her behaviour had improved that much. Elder took her along and it seemed she had a good time.

Elder seems to be improving as well. I can see it in her attitude. And I think that's great. Now if we can just get her employed too...

1 comment:

Chris H said...

I hope you find some sort of work ... all that study for nothing would suck.
I dread the thought of going 'out' to work... I'm not qualified for ANYTHING.
Just being a Mum. And I don't actually want to do 'that' anymore! lol
Well, not full time ... once the two teenagers leave I shall breath a sigh of relief!