Monday, March 05, 2007

All is quiet here. On the western front....

Whew. Back to work. On Monday. For a holiday. To recover from the weekend. Never thought I would say that......

Father and sibling 3 arrived for the weekend. Last Thursday. A day earlier than I was expecting. But obviously I had my timing wrong. Nothing unusual about that. She was down for a surgical procedure, scheduled for Friday morning. I had that wrong too. Expecting it for Saturday.

She had to be at the hospital for 0630. With a travel time of about 3/4 of an hour to get there. Needless to say, things were a bit hectic that morning. They got away later than MOTH was expecting. But. I had to catch the bus. Haven't done that for a while. Catch the bus to the station that is, not catch a bus as a whole. I am now a seasoned public transport user. But, at any rate, they made it. Just. MOTH was still waiting for them at 1245.......

Saturday morning, the Elder had to fly north. And of course, she couldn't get to the airport herself. Mummy, please come with me?? So, $22 later for the train fare out to the airport, I saw her off. And halfway there, she realised that she didn't have her travel tablets. Sigh. $15 later and there went any saving I thought I may have made. Talking her into paying for my fare. Cause I was broke.

It was also my mother's birthday, and I didn't have a gift. What to get, what to get? Da-ad, what can I get mum for her birthday. A good book he says. Greaaatttt....... Found something after a time, with fingers crossed that she didn't already have it. There, she can have a gift and a text. That's enough from me.

Sunday, the Teen needed to get shoes. And the family were due to leave. Ok, Teen, you can come with me. Be seen in public with your mother and the old people. She did. Without too much complaint. But she was due to start work at 1400. The olds were leaving at 1100. Bit of a tight squeeze. Allowing for about 1 hour to get home by the time you count train and the drive. But she found a pair. Not the ones she originally wanted, but these would substitute. Gotta be a name brand, can't be Dunlop volleys. No sir! But we grabbed the shoes and made it back home with enough time for her to get ready and go to work. Whew.

Sunday. The Elder also sent a message to let me know that I was in trouble. I didn't phone mum for her birthday. Darn! I had to phone her after all. I love the old dear to bits. But man, I hate telephones. I am happy to use the mobile to text, but don't ask me to talk on it! Can't stand answering the phone at work either. If the phone didn't ring, I would be happy. Happier still if these people would just email me instead. I can ignore that much better......

At any rate, I phoned her. She promised to write. Some time in the next 2 years. Luv her ...

For some reason, I crashed at 1500 Sunday afternoon.......

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Sounds like you need to organise your time better love! How come the kids can't travel alone to the airport? I believe one is 21? I bet mum was happy you made the effort and phoned her afterall...