Thursday, March 08, 2007

The loss of modern tech....

OMG!

On the way to work this morning I realised I was running late. Heck I don't care - I don't like getting to work early. But I have a friend I travel on the train with. Who gets on at a station earlier than mine. Who spreads herself all over the seat, and saves it for me. Aint that special? So, if I'm late, I'll just send a text and let her know. Not a problem.

Until I realised - my phone is still on the kitchen counter attached to the charger!! >.< D'ho!!

Which led me to thinking, how difficult could it be not having my mobile for the day? Can I live without it? Well, I guess I will have to, but its 0924 and I miss it already. Ok, I haven't had to use it. It's a security thing. Just to have it there. I'm good. I'm strong. I can do without it. ..... Until I have to let MOTH know I'm on the way home so he can pick me up. And my music. I'll have to ride the bus/train with no music. How the heck am I going to manage that????

But on the lighter side. I won't have anyone sending "Mu-um, can I...." "I want ....." "Where is .... "What time ....."

Ah, the peace and quiet. Yes, I think I can manage the day without my mobile ...

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

so, how did you go phone free? Thought you had an aversion to said communication device! But then, you don't use it as a communication device, do you? Its an MP3 player, telephone book, web tool....

SOL's view said...

Yes, it's all of those things. Anything but a communication device. I actually managed ok. Missed the mp3 function the most.....