Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Case of the Mysterious Disappearance of the Sibling

I write this blog for me. And my siblings so we can keep up to date with the minutiae of our lives. But mostly for me. In the vain hope that it might mean something to me when I am old and demented and forgetful. It will give me something to remember myself by. And don't worry about computers and stuff. We'll all be wired into the mainframe by then.

But one of my three readers - if you include myself - has gone missing. All is quiet in backwoods bobbyville. They have only recently joined the technological era. Perhaps the computer has become sentient and swallowed them all. Sucked them all in so they have become lost. Lost in a surreal world of multi colours of red and blue, and a very nasty central computer with delusions of grandeur and world domination. No, wait. That's Tron. Actually, I did once read a story of people being sucked into computers by some black goo and a somewhat unhealthy dose of pixellation, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

So where has she gone? She once begged not to be included in our chatty emails - "They clog my inbox" - so we relented and refused to talk to her. She sent pictures of some cat with no tail. And I responded. Twice. To no avail. She has gone. Drifted off into cyberspace, dancing among the stars, shipwrecked and comatose, drinking fresh mango juice, goldfish shoals ....... Sorry. Gone all Red Dwarf on myself there.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heehee funny you should be 'missing' me, as i was just in responding (for the first time in a while) to the other siblings blog comments... hey ho im still here!! i know i have been very slack in the email department - chances of getting to chat at work now are slim to nil. im not even getting my regular work done - let alone the fun stuff... :-( is it any consolation that i still think of you (both)? i often wonder how many chats you are having throughout the day - and miss them heaps... dont despair - i also check your blogs on a regular basis - even if i dont comment.... :-) now that im no longer quite the backwoods bobbie, i can check these things when i have finished dinner of an evening... well, ttfn, lots of love 'the ever silent one'.... xxoo