Wednesday, October 10, 2007

How does that song go?

... it's raining again ... Yes. It is. And here I am, stuck at work. Without my umbrella. Now, how did that happen?

I don't usually take an umbrella with me. A strange thing, considering how I feel about getting wet. But somehow, the fact that it's rain makes it better. But there you have it - I have walked out the door without one.

On leaving home, it was grey. But not too badly so. And cool; almost jumper weather. In fact, the Elder commented that she thought she might need one. Till I talked her out of it. It had stormed briefly, very briefly, and was no longer raining.

But now, I'm sitting here at work, tucked away in my cozy little office. It's dark outside. And wet. The thunder is rolling around the sky and the trees are weighted with water. And here I am, no umbrella.

The forecast I heard this morning said mostly fine. A workmate tells me she heard storms. Woe is me. Well, we shall have to see who is right. Think I'll hedge my bets and say if the rain goes away, it will be fine.

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

You want to buy yourself a little cheapie and shove it under your desk. Works wonders. And you should know that it always rains when it isn't supposed to. Like here. We are supposed to have storms and thunder. Sunny outside...

Anonymous said...

so, did the "rain rain go away"?

SOL's view said...

Well, it fined up - as in sunshine - for about 0.235 seconds, but it did stop raining. Till after dark.