Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Changing of the Guard. Or is that just changes?

Seems to be the month for changes.

Well, the Teen had an interview today to change schools. Finally, after bugging me for the last couple of years, I have relented. She had to check things on the website and see if she really wanted to go.

She did and had the admission interview today. The prospective student must attend, accompanied by a care giver. MOTH and I both went.

In comparison, the current school is more aesthetically pleasing. The facilities are newer and the class structure is better. The new school is - in the words of the Guidance Officer - very 60s but well maintained. And true, it does remind me very much of the old primary schools I attended while growing up. Walkways under the buildings and the big stumps. Weatherboard walls. You know the style - the old Queenslanders have walls like that. We didn't get to see inside any of the classrooms, apart from a brief glance as we went past. Desks set up in rows. Nostalgic, really.

I hope she settles in well though. To the best of my knowledge, she doesn't know anyone who attends the new school. A couple of her friends from her current school were thinking of transferring over, but I have to say that at this late stage, it's not likely.

At the end of the intertview, the Guidance Officer told her: see you on 29 January. Looks like formal acceptance is a .......... formality. Sorry, couldn't help that.

Here's to new beginnings and I hope she settles in well. And achieves to her full potential. I'm hoping this school welcomes her penchant for debate. To put it nicely......

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

maybe they'll stick her on the debating team...