Monday, December 17, 2007

Old age. Or trying to manage late nights....

As some of my devoted readers may know, I've had a houseful of guests lately. And more on the way. And being young and relatively untrained, they all need some level of supervision.

Very tiring, it is.

Especially when you do silly things. Like, stay up watching telly. And get asked, when they get home from work, to stay up with them and watch a movie. Which you end up doing. What the heck, you're only young once, right?

So, in the last couple of weeks, I don't think I have been to bed much before 11pm. And a couple of those have been 1 or 2am.

Last night was close to 12 midnight I think. We kicked off the evening with Labyrinth. Accompanied by a healthy - or not - side of nachos. And, as an aside, I found out how to make good sour cream. None of this add lemon juice nonsense. I had a tub of cream and a tub of natural yoghurt. Worked a treat. Because I forgot to get some when we raided the supermarket. And I forgot the avocado too. Can never win sometimes. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. Followed by Nightmare Before Christmas. I found out that Sunny can do a pretty good version of Jack's Lament. And throw a couple of tim tam slammers in there as well. With the double coated tim tams.

Chef came home halfway through Nightmare, and moaned. Of course. He hates that movie. But he laughed along, made comments and watched right along with the rest of us! Then we watched Beetlejuice, and indulged with triple caramel Pauls light icecream. Or was it Peters? I can't remember, but it was darned good.

But the upshot is that I am dragging today. I've had two cups of coffee, but it's just not happening. Not even the chocolate has salvaged my get-up-n-go. And that is truly, truly sad....

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Fair to say your get-up-and-go got up and left? haha. No sympathy. However, lots of jealousy cause I like the sound of your video nights with the munchies. Especially nachos...sigh...tease...