Monday, November 03, 2008

Where it's horses for courses ... whatever that means

I've just been reminded that tomorrow is Melbourne Cup day. And I had completely forgotten. Where on earth is my patriotic spirit? My spirit is mostly in a glass. Regardless of the occasion. Needless to say, I won't necessarily be participating. The unit as a whole is organising something, our small part of it is not.

But I did manage to wrangle a work from home gig....

So, what did you manage to achieve last week you might ask. And yes, well you might. For I'm sure that I could weave a fractured fairy tale that would have absolutely no bearing on the reality of my totally mundane week.

So maybe not that mundane. Well, maybe it was. Judah has himself a job, and they made use of the newbie well and truly. He worked 5 long days. Sunny didn't cope too well - he had the run of the house all day; a solo gig. And couldn't go anywhere.

The Teen returned to school, and was less than impressed. Although, now I think of it, she only went two days. The other three she was home sick. And tomorrow she will be home sick as well. The poor thing seems to have picked up another infection.

Sunny has managed to find himself a placement in a store in a chain he really wanted. I have my fingers crossed that it works out for him. It's only casual at this point, but that is better than nothing.

MOTH returned home to a spotless house last Friday afternoon. Thank you kids! *bows to their hard work* And he was in a good mood. I think the holiday did him some good. He certainly seemed a bit more relaxed than when he went away.

Sunny and Judah are still living at home. There might be a place in the offing, but it isn't available for inspection yet. Hopefully for them, that will be soon. I still don't want them to go - I really enjoy having them about. But MOTH does want his house back he tells me.

He has very generously allowed Sunny to stay on, in an arrangement similar to the Elders, when he starts work. His workplace is close to our current abode, but not close to where they would be looking to relocate.

But for a close note, overheard from the Teen ... "shut up Andrew! I'm riding a rhinoceros!"

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

perhaps teen's infection is somewhat phychosomatic? Brought on by having to return to school?