Monday, January 19, 2009

The Great Outdoors. It's so ... outdoorsy

It's Monday again, and time has rolled around so quickly. We're settling into the new place and getting used to the way things work. That is, public transport.

The weather is fine. It's been humid, but hey, I've been in the airconditioning all day so I haven't noticed it too much. Right now, I'm sitting out in the gazebo, laptop on the glass topped table, and stealing someone's interwebs. Probably mine actually, now I think about it.

Yes, we did seem to have managed to get it functioning. The main dispute is the rate we have to pay now. At the other place, MOTH arranged to have it all bundled with the house phone. And that worked. But over here, there is no service for ADSL2. And that's what we had and were paying for. But because it was all bundled - this is what I've managed to get. It could be wrong - we can't change the plan to a faster speed or bigger download. In fact, we can't change it at all, so we are still expected to pay for ADSL2, even though we can't get the service. We took it to the Ombudsman, who referred us back to the complaints resolution centre. MOTH managed to explain the problem, but someone will have to get back to us.

Typical. But we have instruction from the Ombudsman not to pay the ADSL2 charges until the dispute is resolved. Which might be good, if we could work out what they are. Since it is all bundled together like. So people, if there is one thing I've learned from this it's don't bundle your phone packages.

The day has cooled off a little and I'm listening to the next door neighbours splash in their pool. I can't see them though, and I like that very much.

A recap of the week. I guess that's what you are waiting for. And what a week. So memorable, I don't think I have anything to say really.

The Teen finally has her glasses. They set me back a pretty penny I can tell you. The frames are brand name; D&G. Nothing but the best when you're a teenager keeping up with the trends, right?

I've managed to sort out the buses I need to get to work. I hop on one not far from home, and change at one of the major shopping centres for one that takes me straight to work from there. It all works very well - I can walk in the office door in a smidgeon over an hours commute. I'm loving it. The only problem is that the bus I catch in the morning has a very limited number of runs. About three in the morning, and three in the evening. So I can't really leave work early, or get there late. Bum.

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

yay for public transport! i don't even think the bus stops in my street here. mind, it does stop in the next street over if i HAD to take it (perish the thought...) Actually, i would just take a bus into the city and walk the half hour or so to work just outside the city. yep, that's what i'd do...