Thursday, January 29, 2009

It occurred to me....

That I might have actually done something on the weekend that I forgot to blog about. Because I am getting a bit grey around the muzzle.

Something that may, or may not, have been the highlight of the weekend, and I forgot about it!

During the week, MOTH and I received an invitation to dinner at a friend's place. A Boxing Day get together if you will. Yes, I know. That's been and gone a long while away. But usually, if we are going to have them, they ARE on Boxing Day. And usually it's in the afternoon and we have a bbq to go with it.

This year, because she had been away, she decided to postpone it. So we had it Australia Day weekend.

I go along because, you know, when you've been friends with someone for a long, long time, you sort of feel obligated to turn up. Well, I sort of do anyway. And who am I to turn down a free feed?

I'm not always keen. She has airconditioning, but doesn't always run it.

So we toddled off, and yes! *does happy dance* We arrived the same time as the other guests. They are always great to have around - he's very funny, she's very pleasant, and they always bring out the best in the hosts.

AND the airconditioning was running. Couldn't get any better, could it.

But it did. A lovely glass of wine before dinner. Dinner was baked ham, turkey, salad with pumpkin pie and icecream for dessert. It was so good, I went back for seconds. Of the main that is, not dessert. *hears audience take collective gasp*

Her little boy is INTENSE. Yes, that's the only word I can think of that comes close to describing the change in this gorgeous rosy cheeked and previously quiet angel.

Her little girl read me a story. She reads very well. She even managed the word 'contrary'.

And after a bout of serious play, while I was sitting at one end of the couch, she grabbed a cushion, threw it on my lap and lay down along the length of the couch.

Wow. As if no one has ever done that on me before. What are they saying, exactly?

*perplexed look and rolls away*

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

You guys sure have been friends for a long time. As long as Helen and I but we don't get to see each other.

Glad you had fun.

(word today is "bisted.."