Monday, January 26, 2009

Home. It's where the heart is.

Happy Australia Day everybody!

We celebrated as best we could. Even though we didn't have a lamb dinner - sorry Sam. Not even a bbq. Even though, in spite of my best intentions, I didn't listen to the Triple J Hottest 100 countdown. Even though.

There did seem to be many Aussie flags flying this year. I think the Sunday Mail must have improved their circulation. Flags on cars. Flags on bikes. Yes, even a pushbike with a flag almost bigger than the bike.

Argh! The dvd player is being a pain. It's breaking up the visual and losing the audio, and we've even cleaned the lens....

I don't think too much has happened during this week. My work compatriot is back this week and I'm sure she won't be happy with what little I have managed to accomplish of the stuff she left me when she went on holidays.

The travel took precedent. As it does. A trip to some out of the way place on short notice. Which was cancelled. Of course. Because of the weather. And we've had to rebook it all for different dates.

Sometimes I think it's time to move on. I've even found myself browsing the internal job ads....

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

We had flags aplenty around Port Broughton, but sadly not a pitchfork in sight. Just bleary eyes the next day.

Yes, browse those ads. Why stick to internal? Browse the whole lot!

(my word today is "bless"... go figure...)