Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sol's view. Week in review.

And what a week it's been. At least it could have been. My memory only stretches as far back as the weekend just gone so I'm really going to have to think about what the last week has been about.

Of course, I'm trying to think of stuff while I'm at work. Which isn't really helping my cause.

I'm fairly certain the week passed uneventfully *memo to me: takes notes, stupid* and that nothing really happened during the entire week.

No, wait. As you know, MOTH has been serving on a committee for the University. This week he was finally notified that he is no longer able to serve. The rules of membership changed last year and there was doubt that he could continue while I worked at the Uni. This week, he was notified that they couldn't change the governing body's mind *hmmmm. images* but that they would be happy to have him on a different committee attached to a different institution. MOTH elected to drop it completely. *great. now how am i going to get him out of the house occasionally? don't these people CARE??*

Apparently not.

Thursday night, we went out to do a grocery shop. We are still trying to figure out how the budget will work, since the boyos pay the board every week. I think we've decided that we would trial paying the rent and most of the bills each fortnight, but shop each week. MOTH isn't sure how that will work, and has already complained that there is no food in the house at the end of the week and he gets nothing that is bought. This is, in reality, nothing new. EVERYBODY knows that teens in the house means no food. But maybe I'm wrong with that assumption. He told me that it never happened when it was just the girls. But I beg to differ. But I think I like it this way. I only have to wait for a week before I can restock some stuff, instead of having to wait the fortnight. And of course in a house full of people you NEVER wait, find out that someone has been there before you and leave the last bit for someone else. And THAT, my friends, is why he always misses out. *hmmmm he's gettin food from somewhere!*

Friday night, the Teen had Wogboy sleep over. Sunny and Judah also had a friend sleep over, so the house was kind of full. You'd never know it though. The Teen retreated to her own room, and the boyos went out for the evening. I had a text later in the evening to ask if they could possibly get a lift home. It seemed the buses were no longer running. MOTH was less than impressed. He's a lot of that lately. A little while later, there was another text to say that they found a bus line that was still running, and they would be home on that one. MOTH then spent some time expressing an opinion about being expected to run around after them. Which I have to note is a far cry from how he felt about the Elder. She was to call anytime, it didn't matter when.

Saturday the boyos went out again, and this time the Teen and Wogboy left as well. So for the second weekend running, we were left to our own devices. As usual, we did nothing special.

Sunday MOTH went to the shops to do the usual bread, milk, and paper run. I lazed about most of the day. *yay for the lazing aboutedness* Sounds like a pretty typical weekend....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

but do consider, the teen/elder are his own flesh and blood, hence him not minding running after them no matter what... :-) moose

The Elder said...

exactly what anonymoose said. plus, i'm daddy's little angel......

and he's pretty much given up on caring for people now cause he feels like nobody cares or listens anymore.

it's pretty much every person for themselves.

which is terribly sad IMHO.

*ridewea*

Paula Lynn Johnson said...

It's not "lazeing". It's recharging. You've got a lot on your plate.