Monday, February 02, 2009

It's raining. Again.

And it is. Every day for the last few weeks has been overcast and humid. And minimum 'showers' 5 days out of 7. If it wasn't for the 2 day break through the week, I'd be going mouldy.

At least it hasn't actually gotten to the point where everything feels damp and mould has started growing.

But it means that the Teen's hayfever has been playing up something chronic, and weeks of headaches and lethargy for me. But overall, the Teen hasn't been feeling her usual bouncy self for some time now. She's always tired. And of course, irritable. But last Thursday she came home from late night, and she was so exhausted she was almost crying. She went straight to bed and was almost asleep without changing or switching her light out. The doc has prescribed some blood tests, and if that shows up nothing, it's a sleep study. Interesting....

Thursday afternoon I noticed that my phone wouldn't send a message. *shrugs* I tried sending to another person, but it still wouldn't work. I tried calling, but to no avail. Thursday night, we noticed that MOTH was in the same boat.

Bugga.

So Friday I phoned the carrier. Seems that I had forgotten to change my address and as a result had missed a bill. They put a bar on the outgoing services. And when I phoned up and found out that I had missed a payment, they demanded immediate payment of $154.

So there went the stash I had put aside to pay you back WCFC, sorry.

Well, I paid it, and now I'm waiting to see if they will lift the bar. I don't think they will, because there is still some amount outstanding. *shakes fist at carriers*

Friday night we decided to have a quiet drink out in the gazebo. Great place that. There is no light, but we have a table and chairs so we put the tealights out. And I have lowered myself to consume ... passion pop. Yes. I finally did it. Sunny and I shared the bottle. And probably a lot of secrets too. Then I adjourned to watch a Carl Baron dvd with the Teen. I don't think it was the passion pop, but that man is positively HILARIOUS!

Saturday all the children left the house for greener pastures, and MOTH and I were left to rattle around in the house. We cooked dinner then settled down to watch a movie. Something classy called Zombie Strippers. I laughed a lot. MOTH shook his head. It is a typical B grade zombie movie, but this time the setting is a strip club.

And for something completely different, Sunday I watched Sweeney Todd. And then Romeo and Juliette. Anyone see a pattern here people?

And so, it's back to work again today. I think I'll try and take it easy to recover from my weekend.

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

what is sweeney todd like? supposed to be based loosley on a true story...