Monday, February 23, 2009

Hmmmm chocolate

Which has nothing to do with anything really, but now that I've got your attention...

It seems to be a Monday and after last week's slip, we seem to be more or less back on track.

Did I mention it's been raining here? Quite a bit? Thursday last week was no exception. Oh, it started off alright. But Thursday afternoon....

My bus goes out on the motorway. It jumps the busway partway along, tootles along the motorway for a while, then jumps that to meander around the back of a couple of 'burbs. Reverse it of course for the trip to work. I really love going to work these days. Since you don't spend much time going through streets, a trip to work feels like a school excursion. It's like driving through the countryside. Although I did spot this from the bus window the other day while we were on the busway. And no, it's not warped by the camera... much ...



But I've wandered again.

Thursday. Afternoon. I'm sitting in the bus. An old clunker. Gotta love those. And the sky comes over a little greyer than it already is. It starts to sprinkle and soon thunder rumbles across the sky. It doesn't take long and the rain starts to come down properly. And still we keep going. I'm gazing about, thinking the bus was holding up well. And the rain buckets down. Soon, a passenger gets up and closes the front of the rear ceiling hatch. They must have been getting wet. I start to feel the occaisional splash. Next thing I know, it's bubbling through the window seals. Traffic has slowed a little by this time. But the rain keeps coming.

Eventually it slows and stops, after the thunder has had a good go. I didn't get too wet. Can't say the same about the two women in front of me. They were sitting directly behind the partition at the rear door. And it was pretty well splashed. *grins to self*

When it all calms back down, the air smells clean, I'm not too damp and the water gushes in great cascades from the broken hillside cuttings. Ah, the joys of clay soils.

And even better, when I get home, the creek that runs across the front of the estate is cascading over the rocks as well. I should have taken a photo.

And that was the excitement for the week. No wait, I fib. Friday I decided I was going out the next morning and catching a bus a couple of 'burbs over to the big shopping centre. Saturday dawned and I check the timetables to sort out which one I'd need. And then I noticed that the Teen had very carefully laid out the streaking cap. Which she'd collected from a friend the night before. Well, there goes my morning. But only if she's out of bed before a certain time. Dammit. She's up. And within my timeframe. So we settled in and I spent the next 2 hours pulling hair through little holes with a crochet hook. Oh my poor fingers!

The end result was worth it though.

The teen spent Saturday night out. And Sunny and Judah made some last minute arrangements to spend the evening together at Soundwave. If the band list they brought home afterward was anything to go by, it would have been awesome.

That night I got stuck playing Sims2 and downloading some custom content. MOTH went to bed and I continued on. The boys came in at 1am, and my last download finished at 2am. I trundled off to bed.

Aaannnndddd was up again at 6am. MOTH told me that when he popped one eye open to look at the clock when I thought I was sneaking out it read 5:58. I played some more with the Sims2 *yay. exciting life i lead* I popped out with MOTH in the morning to spend a little time with him doing those boring pensioner things he likes. You know, like hanging around in groups at the shopping centre, smiling at the shop assistants and talking to random strangers, security guards and cleaners.

At some point in the morning, I wandered out to the bin and when I was on my way back, I was almost bowled over by a smiling Judah who was late for work. So late in fact he dashed out still gripping his hair straightner tightly in one hand obviously intending to complete the job on the bus....

Sunny decided he would spend the day with me, so we spent a lot of time together on the couch as of the days of old. I've really missed that. He played his DS and watched me play the Sims2 and made fascinated comments about the gameplay and the stupidity of the characters.

That night the Teen got a turn at annoying me and we scruffed around for a while before she wimped out and went to bed. This tired puppy crawled into bed somewhere around 11pm. It was a tiring day. *smiles sleepily*

*pops awake again* Oh yes. Those of you who know me will remember I spent a great deal of time when living at home complaining about a certain type of shrub that had purple and white flowers with a strong perfume? That I hated?



Yes. I've found one. In my garden. Hiding quietly until it decided to burst into bloom.....

*grumps*

2 comments:

The Elder said...

zomg is that a stretch hummer????!!!!!!!!!

*squeals*

**hampaca**

wtf is a hampaca??

Colleen Barnett said...

Ya know, if I hadn't seen Elder's comment, I wouldn't have found the stretch hummer. Sorry. Jr Her has decided she wants a hummer.

And poor Moth, chatting to shop assistants and security guards at the shopping centre is the only other grown up conversation he gets, so go a little easy... :-)

my word is suriumbe... go figure...