Monday, April 06, 2009

Mmmmmm. Crunchy nut bars.

This week has been very quiet. No really. I've not even committed anything of note to ... well, notes. I keep them on my phone so I have something to remind me of the week.

But no. Nothing.

The one big thing this week is the Teen has her results back from her English oral. At least, I think that's what it was. An A! How exciting! I'm really pleased for her.

Saturday I took the opportunity to get up early. No wait, what am I saying? I'm always up early. While all were asleep, I grabbed the gumption and washed a wall. Really, I did. Progress is very slow. I start, but can't seem to keep going. The wall is one in the meals area, but there are so many others to do. First inspection is on 23 April, and I guess I had better have them done before then. We were paid by the realtor to clean it, so I had better try get myself organised. The walls are rather dirty, and there is the distinct artwork of a child on some of the walls. How could you not clean up after the kid has written on the wall? In red crayon? Luckily, it wasn't soft crayon, so the mess isn't too ungodly.

But that's for another weekend.

I had been planning to go all week to the movies on Sunday. I left the invitation open to anybody who wanted to join me. But I was dead set and determined that I would go. Even if I had to do it alone.

Sunday rolled around and I managed to catch up on an episode of Deadwood. It was the first time I had to watch an episode, and the dvd is to go back tomorrow. Yeeps, I had better get some viewing in! Then watched Dr Dolittle 2 with Sunny.

I had planned to go to the movies sometime during the day, but Sunny was skint and talked Judah into joining us for the viewing. He was working, so it meant that I had to hold off the viewing until the evening.

I went to see Monsters v Aliens. There is sooo much adult humour in this one. I spent a lot of time laughing. It's a brilliant movie, and I'm going to spend a lot of time rewatching it when I get it on dvd. Mmm mmmm yes I am.

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

I was hoping we could see that for Jr Her's birthday but unfortunately she wants to watch 17 Again. Sigh. No class that kid.

**waryclie**... whatever that is...

The Elder said...

ooh. maybe jawsome and i will have to see that in the cinemas.

*parresse*

Paula Lynn Johnson said...

My kids looooved Monsters v. Aliens. As did I!

Good luck with that red crayon.