Monday, March 30, 2009

Untitled

You know, sometimes I wonder why I let the Teen Fashionista suggest outfit options. It wasn't till I got off the bus that I remembered why sandshoes would have been better, even if they do look funny. It's good weather for ducks. Thongs flick stuff. Ducks do stuff on paths.....

*should i eat this apple or not??*

Do you recollect something that Pa always used to say about Ma and furniture? That he could never come in with the lights out and jump into bed, because it was not likely to be in the same place he left it?

Seems that MOTH has a bit of a penchant for the same thing. I went out to the city the Sunday before last and when Sunny and I got home, he and the Teen had reorganised a couple of rooms. Her sofa bed was in the rumpus room. The couch was against the wall in the formal area and she now sleeps on the inflatable mattress.

Which she loves. A lot.

*still thinking about the apple. hmmm maybe not yet*

I didn't like the change - the couch obscured quite a bit of the only window in the formal area. I admit, that space does belong to MOTH and he should be free to do with it what he pleases. I didn't like it there though. I felt ... odd every time I walked past it.

*eats ginger biscuit instead*

But we left it there for a couple of days. MOTH shifted it so the back of it was to the main thoroughfare, but that made me feel awkward every time I walked past it again. There wasn't really any where else to put it though.

MOTH assured me that the bent metal bar on the sofa bed had been fixed. It still does have a bow in it though. I'm sure of it. The cushions still try to sink toward the middle. Just not as bad. I couldn't sit comfortably in it. I couldn't sprawl the same way and old habits die hard. It got moved to a different spot, and the couch was moved back to the rumpus room. Ah ... that's better. I can sit comfortably and watch movies now.

Monday evening, I was channel surfing. I really like having access to HD tv. It has expanded the horizons somewhat. Although it does mean that on weekends, there is sport on 7 or more channels now instead of 4. Or something like that. I like that the tv guide is on the tv, not a paper copy I have to scrabble to find. And that I now have access to quality viewing. Like Bogan Pride. I think this one is on SBS and it truly was gobsmackingly amazing. I'd loosely term it a comedy. Somewhat like The Wedge. But of course, features a bunch of bogans. At high school. The main focus is a fat chick who lives with her morbidly obese mother. I think I like it.

On Tuesday, the Teen and I went hunting for a pair of shoes for her to wear for her latin dancing assessment later on in the week. We found a pair that I thought I had gotten rid of. Black suede platform sandals. The platforms with the high heel, not a wedge. She put them on with the rest of the outfit and the result was stunning. The top is black off the shoulder with a gold foil motif. The shoulder 'straps' are gold chain with large links. She teamed it with a short black ra ra skirt. And of course with those long legs my kids don't seem to have gotten from me.....

Just the last couple of weeks, while drifting home and during my bus change, I notice there seems to be farmer's markets in the square in the city. They sure look interesting, and if I had more time I would love to take a look. I have noticed that they make sure the german bakery is at the front though!

Thursday the Teen took off school and headed off for the Doctor. It seems she is suffering reflux and has been put on medication to manage it. I have my fingers crossed it works. Grade 12 is difficult enough as it is without the added hassle of constantly feeling unwell. We still haven't managed to organise her sleep study. The doctor thinks it should be bulk billed, but when I discussed cost with the place where the study would be held, they only asked if she had private health insurance. When I said she didn't, they suggested that she could do a home study for $100 and the rest would be covered by medicare. She didn't mention anything about bulk billing. The Teen thinks I could contact them again and ask about bulk billing direction. I might leave that for the day I fax through the referral.

On Friday she had her dance assessment. I got a text that morning. Mu-um! I've been sick. Halfway through her assessment piece. I'm hoping that the teacher was lenient and didn't mark her grade down because of it. And sure enough, nausea is one of the side effects of the meds....

This weekend I did some weeding. I scrubbed a couple of patches on the walls. *need to keep doing that - first inspection coming up next month and there is still crayon on the walls from last tennant* Chilled and watched movies. Heaps of movies. Dr Dolittle. Blue Harvest. I've seen that movie a couple of times now, and I still laugh like a foo'. Death Race. Labyrinth. And an episode of Deadwood. I'm hooked on that one.

Gift suggestions anyone? Deadwood. 3 season boxed set. Thank you.

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Tell you what, I will send you a gift when I get last years chrissy present... lol

I would love to be like Moth and move the furniture around. But alas, nothing moves in my house... it has to stay where it is. Sad but true.

What meds is Teen on for her reflux? I have to take Periat (something like that) for mine. Doesn't make me sick though. did she get her other meds?

*derettli*