Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Is there a Dr in da house?

The week just gone has done just that. Gone in a bit of a blur. It's been busy at work, stressful and taking time off sick doesn't help either.

Monday wasn't great, but I could handle it. Tuesday was much worse, and I handled it. Just. Wednesday I stayed home. *shakes head. no piggies involved. either going to market or getting the flu* Thursday I went to work. Not good. And I got in trouble because I did come to work. Friday I stayed home again, and worked by using that wonderful thing called email.

Travel is big on my work agenda. And I can do that from home sometimes. If I need to. Like, when I am supposed to be sick.

I had been organising two lots of travel, one for the Manager and one for a couple of GTs. I had the Manager's travel organised and done and off he went. It took some organising, but I finally got the GTs all sorted and breathed a small sigh of relief.

But that was early in the week.

Tuesday, I mentioned I did not feel well, but I had an engagement with the Teen to go see X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It was a myspace Black Curtain screening, so that means people, a free ticket for an advance screening.

When I arrived in the city to meet up with the Teen, she declared she wasn't feeling very well, and suggested that she nearly didn't come. If fact, she was very fragile and cried a lot. And feeling guilty. I didn't mind. Really. If she wasn't feeling well and wanted to go home, that was ok. It wasn't like I had to pay for her ticket. So I went to the movies by myself.

And I loved it. Plenty of action. Plenty of one liners. Plenty of that well built Wolverine bod. I thought at first that the CGI for Wolverine's brand new blades was a little of a let down. I could very plainly see the CGI. But that improved in the next few scenes and I soon forgot about it. It was great to see Wolverine's back story. My fave X-Men character even made an appearance, although he didn't look like I remember him from the comics. I like the Regent movie theatre too...




So Wednesday I had home.

Thursday back at work. No sooner in the door and I was given the news that one portion of the trip I spent soooo much time organising for the GTs had been cancelled. My immediate supervisor looked at me and said, How do you feel? I looked at him and repled Same as yesterday, if not worse. His response? I thought so. You don't look your usual evil self... and then I got into trouble for coming in to work. But I spent the day organising cancellations of that portion of the trip. Not to mention, phone calls from the General Manager. Who wanted to change the date of his return flight.

But on Friday, when I was working from home, the Travel Agent tells me that she told him I was a legend ... *takes bow. the crowd goes wild*

Saturday and Sunday passed lazily. I spent time playing the DS. I'm in the middle of Lego Indiana Jones. And a little way into Assassin's Creed. At this moment, I am liking both of the games. We'll see if that continues if I hit a patch I can't get past. *grins*

Monday was Judah's birthday. Since Sunny had a cupcake with a candle for his birthday, I thought I would have a go at making cupcakes on Monday. I had a good time and the recipe turned out less complicated than I thought. The mix gave me about 16 or so, and the first half disappeared VERY quickly.

The Teen NEARLY missed out because she was out fraternising with Wogboy.

No comments: