Monday, May 11, 2009

Partings....

*sighs* There is a part of me that longs to be wild, indpendent and free ... my hair. It hates Winter. Winter returns the sentiment. I washed it last night and today it is wild. Coarse. Rebellious. And refuses to be tamed. Much like me, there is altogether waaay too much body, and it will not do as it is told. I'm feeling somewhat like a Wild Woman.

The last week reminds me that there have been a few funny sights I had intended to mention. Alas, I neglected to take notes. And now I can't remember what they were.

Tuesday MOTH was able to experience the fun of a myspace Black Curtain screening. We had tickets to see the latest Star Trek. This is always fun because it is always a preview screening. We had to wait in line for a while; I like to make my tag alongs get there early because first in gets a better choice of seats. Usually seating is not allocated and that old adage applies; first in, best dressed. The freebie is determined by the sponsor. This time it was popcorn. Alas, neither MOTH nor I eat it. I eat or drink very little during the movies. Mostly so I don't have to go potty and miss anything. Or wait in a very long queue when the movie finishes.

I always enjoy the Black Curtain movie experience. I hope MOTH did too. We both enjoyed the movie.

On Wednesday, the Elder showed up for a quick visit. We were under instruction not to tell anyone what was happening. As usual. *grins* There was a small ulterior purpose to this visit which we hope turns out.

She leaves today. *waves* Have a good trip poppet!

Some small time ago, I decided that I would need to redye some of the black items of clothing I need for the conference. Every year, as Booth Babes, we need to wear plain black. I thought I would try some dye that I could use in the washing machine. It seemed to work well; I hope it's colour fast! But there are traces of the black dye on the rubber rims around the machine door. It's expensive - you need $12 for the dye packet, 500g of salt and need to run 3 wash cycles....

Mother's Day was great. I was given a necklace and earring set from the girls. A fine silver chain with a filigree heart pendant, adorned by a small red rose. The earrings were just the red roses. Sunny gave me a kitty marionette. He looks like a Turkish Van *white with ginger ears and tail* his name is now Ahmet. And a pink flashing martini glass. Just for fun. I've christened it already. Amazing how much more fun drinking banana nesquik from a flashing pink martini glass is...

In the afternoon, I took the Elder out for a walk up to the markets. We looked about, purchased some exotic licorice. Then wandered over to the video store to 'cash' in our voucher. We ended up hiring out Wall-E, Mulan 2, Madagascar 2, and Disaster Movie. We watched three of them over the course of the afternoon.

MOTH, of course, gave me his gift that evening. No, minds out of the gutter. He cooked me a beautiful roast dinner. Lamb, all tender and yummy. Even better was the fact that I didn't have to cook it, and I didn't have to do any dishes.

Ahhhhhh....... *is replete*

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

get yourself a good smoothing shampoo and conditioner, and use it a couple of times a week. remember the fluffy dog look I had in Qld? All gone now thanks the great smoothing shampoo, and I use a smoothing serum before blowdrying.

Thoroughly recommend it.

*diflicie*