Monday, September 14, 2009

Opportunities!

Argh! I hate opportunities!

The boss comes along and tells you, boy have I got an opportunity for you! And there it is. A big nasty job. That they want done quickly... *dies*

So, this will be a quick one. Cause you can guess where I am.

Most of last week was spent in prep mode to get the Teen underway and set up for her holiday to visit the Elder. And calming some ruffled feathers because of stress.

I had decided to be generous and lend her my suitcase to take with her. It's cool, covered in purple and white spots. Then she came to me, Mu-um, how do I get my shoes to fit in? Why I asked. You only need two pairs of shoes? She nearly died. Of course, what was I thinking? One pair of casuals, one pair of sandals, one pair of dress shoes, and a couple of spares. Oi! *rolls eyes*

Eventually I thought about including a small 'care' package. Just a couple of things. So what could I put them in? Here, Teen, take the honkin' big suitcase and I'll just tuck these into a corner. Sure, they'll fit. Won't they?

Friday afternoon, I thought I would pop by on the way home and get her shoes for the *ahem* Formal. They don't call it Prom here.... I put them on layby and apparently, as luck would have it, they were the last of that style/colour in her size. w00t! Sometimes you can win.

Friday night I arrived home and MOTH was standing on the front lawn. Uh oh. Ummm so why are you out here? Just looking he said. Did you get a lift, cause I thought I heard a car door closing. Nope, I said, someone just got picked up. Ah. Well he says. The car is broken. Broken. Yep, broken. Gave it a degrease, and a bit of a tidy up, and one of the bolts holding the distributor cap broke. Oh..... But he'd gone to Paulie and picked up some replacements. All he had to do now, was try and remove the broken bolt. It was inside the part somewhere. Great.

Ah well, I guess it doesn't matter because I use public transport more than the car.

Saturday morning was a little lazy. MOTH spent a bit of time working on putting the car back together. I tootled about the garden pulling bindii. A lot of the grass is dying - MOTH is terrible with yard work - and the bindii is moving in. I'm going to have to find out when our watering times are. Getting the grass back in order seems to be the only thing that will keep the bindii at bay.

*dammit, thinks there was something funny that MOTH did I was going to include but can't remember what it was*

Sunday we were up relatively early to get Teen underway. She's not usually up at this hour and staggered about for a while. She finished off the last of the packing and we drove to the station to catch the train in. The train left on time and I was sad to see her go.

Since we were now at a bit of a loose end, I thought I might be able to convince MOTH to spend a little time in the city while we were there. He agreed, and we wandered down to the mall. I had a little money, so asked what he wanted for a late father's day present. He didn't know, so Teen and I took him to lunch and bought him Darrell Lea licorice and rocky road.

Sunday afternoon was quiet, so I wandered out to check the telly viewing. Gods, I hate weekends. How can you have so many channels to choose from and all of them are showing sport of some description? It's pathetic! So I chose to watch a dvd - Romeo Must Die ... again.

And it's still quiet. I'll notice again tonight, when she's not there to make noise and ask How long till dinner's ready?

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

aah, blessed quiet without the kids. how i long for that....

how did teen and you take him to lunch if she was on the train? sorry, i swear i must be losing the plot...

make the most of your quiet time together. if he gets the car fixed, go for a drive over to Cleveland for a walk or something nice. just do it together! that's an order! lol!

*mithiti* non-truth graffiti?

Butterfly Kissez said...

Wish our stay at home monster would go somewhere for a holiday just so I don't have oodles of dirty, grease stained clothes to wash every weekend!

I thought the same as froggy too when you said teen was on train but had lunch with you guys lol...so I think I might be losing froggy's plot hehe

*reakine* Wish they would the a/con here in the office coz its reakine!!