Monday, February 22, 2010

Secret meetings at the river bend...

This morning there were several of us in the kitchenette at once. The door was closed to keep noise down a little. Another came through, commenting about secret meetings in the kitchen.

Now I have that song stuck in my head.

Been a busy week.

Monday last the Elder arrived for a visit with her new man. We've met him before as he's been known to the family for some considerable time. For the purposes of this blog, he shall be known as Subs. They arrived in time for dinner, a little earlier than they were expecting.

I didn't get time off, so didn't see a whole lot of them.

We looked at the menu. Yes, that's right. I keep a menu on the whiteboard so I know what I'm supposed to be preparing for dinner each night. This stops the whole what-the-hell-am-i-gonna-cook-tonight thing *always a bugger when you're tired* and makes grocery shopping a bit easier. I hadn't planned who was going to be there on which night. We made a couple of revamps to some of the meals.

Wednesday was my birthday. Whoo! But I still had to work. Mother and Sibling3 had managed to get me some dollars between them. What to spend it on? *decisions decisions!* Sunny and Judah dropped by to give me my gift. They had actually bought it last month, being a month ahead of themselves. *grins* A lovely statuette of a fairy and unicorn. In order, they said, to continue the fairy theme. I have one in the rumpus room, two in the formal tv room. MOTH cooked dinner that night, and someone else even did the dishes!

Thursday was Elder's birthday. We managed to scrape together some dollars for her so she could get her hair done. She had decided to change her colour and is now a dark red. Not sure if Subs likes it yet.

Dinner was lasagne and salad. I hadn't been well so stayed home from work that day; I didn't have to ask anyone to start cooking it for me before I got home. Lasagne always seems to take me forever to cook. After dinner, I stuck some candles in her birthday cake; MOTH used the bbq Flame Thrower to light them. We laughed as the icing softened and one of the candles fell over. She went to blow them out and didn't succeed! And there weren't even 24 candles. *grins*

The Teen arrived home from holidays Friday night. I was to meet her at the station; alas I forgot to remind MOTH before I left for work. I left work and thought I would spend my birthday money. I purchased a couple of small things, then a store caught my eye. I'd seen a pair of shoes that had potential. Alas, they don't layby. I'd have to come back later as I didn't have enough cash on me to make the purchase. *nope, don't even thing about the credit card!*

I got to the station around 5pm. Not a sign of her. I asked when the train had come in. Three pm I was told. What?! I phoned. Where are you? Oh, I'm home now. The train came in at 3pm and Dad didn't know you were supposed to meet me so we didn't call you.

Heh. Lovely. And the unnecessary train trip cost me an extra $5 because I swiped my travel card when I shouldn't have....

Saturday I was out with MOTH doing not much of anything when I got a phone call. Can you come into the city? Why? Ummmmm .... the Soundwave tickets are on the desk....

It was a rush job, but I made it. I thought I was going to beat them as they seemed to have taken a detour. I didn't though. Tickets delivered, $5 collected for my trouble. A fond and quick goodbye and Dymocks beckoned. I hadn't been into the new store yet. I got lost there for a short time. Sunny had given me the funds for the shoes. Early Mother's Day present he said. I could purchase the shoes. But I'm not allowed to wear them till Mother's Day. *come on MD! i wanna wear those shoes!!* I bought them.



Wait for the bus time. I'm half an hour early. Ah well. Waited. Waited. Waited. Waited. Darned bus was half an hour late.

Staggered home for a rest.

Sunday came around and I thought I would spend a lazy day. Sure, I was up and showered early. But then I relaxed back on the bed and played with the laptop. Out to the shops for a quick visit and then back home.

Today, I'm back at work and the Elder and Subs are on their way home. Have a safe trip people!

4 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Elder and Teen didn't kill each other then?

Are those the shoes? Really? How on earth are you gonna walk in THOSE? And more importantly, where you gonna wear them? lol! At least they will add a little height and bring you up to elbow level on the average person!

*slyad* be careful you don't slyad across the floor in those new shoes :-)

JoeinVegas said...

From this post you seem to do a lot of shopping.

Anonymous said...

Don't wear those shoes drunk! You'll break something!

sparklingmerlot said...

Shoes are awesome ... I'd break my neck in them but they look great.

Your birthday sounds lovely but your Saturday left me exhausted!

Three is going to Soundwave on Friday and then catching a plane to Adelaide to do it all again on Saturday. Kids!