Monday, March 01, 2010

Why are young people

so goshdarned inconsiderate these days? The Teen is desperately waiting on a response from a possible flatmate who was supposed to contact her while he's in town. So far from his direction ... ominous silence.

If he isn't prepared to put in the effort, why doesn't he just say so?

Her original plans changed when her prospective housemate suddenly told her she couldn't move in till after April - after moving in with someone else.

And now she waits....

*shakes head*

So, what happened this week? Mmmmm

It's been a quiet week. But not workwise. The usual last minute rush to get things done. Not me! Never me. But processes run slow and sometimes things slip through the cracks. And I get to handle the makeup time. Like, organising travel for someone who is supposed to fly out Sunday. But the travel isn't approved until late Thursday afternoon. So it's a mad rush to get flights ticketed, hotels booked and paid for. These things get tricky when you're dealing with someone in a different time zone.

Luckily, my skills at crisis recovery are improving exponentially!

Friday night the Teen had a friend over. He's somewhat of a regular, and I don't mind. Not long after, her best friend and the boyfriend turned up. I've no idea how long they stayed. I sat and talked with them for a while, then went to watch some television. It was SBS and before I knew it, I was doing a dad and dozing off on the couch. It was somewhere around midnight and they were still all there.

I went to bed.

Saturday I was up early, and so was the friend. Apparently, he never even went to bed. Of course, the Teen was thoroughly sound asleep. I wandered back to bed too. And slept in till 10am. *gasp* I never do that! I must have been tired. Off to the shops with MOTH for a dash of people watching. I don't think I saw anything that caught my attention!

Saturday night the Teen headed off to her best friend's place for a party. She was out staying the night so I got to have the laptop all to myself. A lazy day. Again. It was hot and raining, so I didn't really have the energy to do much. MOTH vacuumed the tiles, so I waved the mop about. Whew. That was enough! I went back to the laptop. I had to find SOME way to kill time until Bones.

Soon, I will have the laptop all to myself on a long term basis. I shall miss the competition...

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

I see one of her cousins has offered her a room. she should take him up on that - she an always find something else later.

lazy days... aaah... i remember those....