Sunday, June 20, 2010

I blinked. Where did that week go?

The week started well. A short week *maybe that's why i missed it?* because Monday was the Queen's Birthday long weekend. I stayed in my jammies ALL day. It was BRILLIANT! Yes. That's right. All day.

Then it was back to work and back to reality. Huh. I reject that reality and substitute my own.

Work has dragged by. There are things to do but my get up and go has got up and went. I just don't seem to have the energy or the motivation to accomplish any of my tasks. Or the interest. Perhaps it's time to consider a change? But that means I have to leave the security of my current position. I like the security. I work for a university so there is job security. Well, more so than if I were employed in the private sector.

Big decision.

I've been getting a lift to work with one of the GTs. It takes him a little out of his way, but also takes me a little out of my way. But works out cheaper than taking the bus every day. I hope. It does change the hours I work though as I match to his. Late starts and late finishes.

Thursday morning I had a training course, so I took the bus. I had to be there for a 9am start. Since I didn't know the location of the office *well i knew the location, i just didn't know the LOCATION* I thought I would arrive at 8.30am. Give myself plenty of time to check out the surrounds.

But on the way through the city, I caught a glimpse of someone dressed as a penis. Yes. A penis. There was someone else dressed as something else. I didn't see but thought it may have been a cell cluster. I have no idea what it was for - I didn't get time to find out.

Friday brought with it the news that my favourite Manager is leaving. He is going to work for the opposition. There has been some talk in the news about the proposed changes and the introduction of a new government funded provider. We will be continuing - business as usual - but it has been demoralising and will mean some changes to the way we put ourselves forward.

Saturday I relaxed a little. We nipped out for some grocery topups we hadn't managed to pick up on Thursday. Back home. I think I spent most of the day with the heater on. I'm not sure that the weather has been that cold really. But I certainly have.

Sunday I had a 'date' to meet a friend I used to work with. I left home in plenty of time to catch the bus into the city. It only comes once and hour and I didn't want to miss it. Busy playing kick-the-stick I failed to see the bus coming until the last second. Panic! I hailed it as it flew by and as I loped up to it I read the banner. Oh. I'd flagged down the outbound bus and was destined for a very short run to the shops up the road. *facepalm* Boy, did I feel sheepish....

The Divine Miss P and her boy joined me at the Coffee Club in the city. I had been looking forward to it for a few days. I arrived a little early and grabbed a table. Uh oh. I spotted a large spider crawling down the wall. Another lady did too and she moved table. I watched it progress down the wall and toward me.... *wary* It ran toward the centre of the path and away from my table. *still wary*

Miss P and Mr Vic snuck in the back way. I pointed out the wayward arachnid. I'll herd it she says. And it promptly begins to run toward me. I did a quickstep I can tell you. I congratulate myself on not yelling. It ran under the table, under my chair *VERY CLOSE TO MY FEET* and continued on. A woman at another table was sitting there with her feet in the air.....

I've not seen Miss P for some time. Mr Vic was a new quantity. He was very easy to talk to. We talked a lot. And laughed. I had hot chocolate, and a deluxe steak sandwich. We toddled around the market and went back to the shop for dessert. Talk was abruptly silence as an old gentleman wandered by outside. He was wearing a cap, hot pink suit, pale pink shirt, dark coloured bow tie and casual footwear....

Jay was working at the Coffee Club and due to finish at 3pm. I haven't had any time to spend with her for ages either. Miss P, Mr Vic and I finished dessert and talked some more. Suddenly it was 4pm and Jay was finishing work. We all said our goodbyes and Jay walked with me to the bus stop.

Whew. I finally got home around 6pm. Time to cook dinner, settle and watch a movie. Dang, back to work tomorrow.

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

sounds like a lovely weekend. It's nice to be able to duck out now and then and have coffee. I admit, I try to hurry mine along because I don't want to be late home, but it would be nice to not have a time limit.

Dobby has a huge case of arachnophobia. To the point she won't even pick up a toy spider now. The smallest one makes her jump. Half of it I suspect is put on, but a genuine fear is there...

*mooti* shake shake shake, shake your MOOTI! CACK!

xxx

Butterfly Kissez said...

Lol at the spider...my middle daughter also has an absolute fear of spiders even the tiniest ones...many a night she has had the whole household up on the hunt for a spider she SWEARS was in her room and NO-ONE was going to sleep until it was found, tortured and killed!

The weekend sounds lovely...I love coffee outings and to be able to sit and gasbag for ages...must do it more...

*ingesse* cousin to Ghenghis Khan ?