Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekends are never long enough....

Queen's Birthday holiday. A long weekend. Last one for the year. How depressing!

This week has been a little hectic. I've been working on getting my travellers up and going. The ones headed for USA seemed to have managed to get away ok. At least, I've not had a phone call, so I'm guessing all worked out.

The one headed for Africa hit a rather major snag and decided not to travel. Apparently to travel to that area, a yellow fever vaccination is MANDATORY. It has a 10 day withholding period before you are allowed to travel. He found out he needed the injection less than 10 days before date of departure. No travel for him!

I haven't really be motivated to do an awful lot of work. Most of what I have lined up on the task list requires waiting for responses from other people. Unfortunately, I have those responses so I had best do something with them when I get back to the desk.

It's been cold this week. I don't like being cold. One morning I had been basking gently in the sun near one of the office windows. I turned around and started to move into one of the other rooms. Suddenly one of the young GTs is looming over me doing a zombie impression. I JUMPED! I'm sure I squealed like a girl. The GT collapsed laughing. And each time he saw me the rest of the day. *shakes head* I should be used to them looming. MOST of them are tall....

Thursday I had an hour off to attend a function for people who book travel. This time they served wine and cheese while Qantas did a presentation. Admin2 won a $50 voucher from quickbeds.

I love Friday afternoons. Have I ever told you that? Mmmm yes. Friday afternoons. I was determined to relax. Sunny didn't come over for movie night so I had the evening to myself. I settled in for an evening of Facebook and WoW.

Around 8pm I got a text from the Teen. Gin Gin sure is a hole during the dark! ?? What was that all about; thinking she was on her way to Bundaberg or such with a bunch of friends. I'll tell you in 4 hours is the reply. What?!

Yes, somewhere around 1 am, Teen and the Elder rocked up. With a guest.... I wasn't sure at first, but he's a very well behaved dog!

It was a surprise! Saturday we went out shopping with the Elder while doing not much in particular. The Teen stayed at home and snuggled in bed. *smart* On spur of the moment we thought we'd go to one of the other shopping centres where Elder put herself in line for a set of gel nails. They look good and didn't take too long either. MOTH and I sat in the food court and waited. Home after that. And that took most of Saturday. Saturday afternoon Sunny came down and they went into the city to spend some time together. The girls rocked back in time for dinner though. I had to pick them up because they ended up on the bus that stops at the shops, not our way. It was too cold to walk home! We girls took over my rumpus room and they drank some alcohol and msnn'd friends and laughed and giggled. And I played WoW.

Sunday we walked Freddy *our guest* up to the markets. Dog food was on the purchase menu. And a trip round the Sunday markets. Freddy was popular! But what can I say. He's a good looking dog. He behaved really well, even to the point of only cowering when enthusiastically sniffed by a VERY BIG DOG! No growl, no hackles. From either of them. We did see a very pretty young lady advertising a pet boutique. Sunday afternoon they went home and all was quiet again.

But they have promised to return in a couple of weeks! *does happy dance* Especially since they have to pick up the dog food they left behind.... *grins*

6 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

Did she consider coloring for her dog too?

Anonymous said...

What a groovy looking poodle!

Chris H said...

EEE gads that poodle is colourful! So, is your new *guest* staying forever? lol

Colleen Barnett said...

Of course he was a well behaved dog - he's border collie cross, he looks like Ozzie but has more white on his chest. They are, on the whole, a good breed. Ozzie is the only dog in the club who doesn't bark at everyone who walks past, he only sniffs other dogs, he does not go up and bark or whine at other dogs. He lets them come to him. Good dog to take away.

It's nice they came to see you. What car did Elder have? And whose dog is Freddy?

*belart* um, the art of decorating church bells???

SOL's view said...

The lass from the boutique suggested Freddy would look lovely with blue feet. Elder thought it would be better with a blue ruff. Should she colour him that is!

I think I would let him stay forever. He's certainly a lot quieter than Elder and Teen! :)

They arrived in Team Shitbox. Freddy is the very sociable companion of Elder.

Butterfly Kissez said...

That's the sort of doggie I want if we ever get a fence up. Both MM and I love that breed although we have been told they need a really big area to run around in and our yard is very small so probably not.