Monday, June 28, 2010

Wot?!

It's been a slightly stressful week this week.

I mentioned in a previous post that my favourite manager is leaving. Now you can add another three of the GTs to that. Those of us who are left behind are a little shell shocked and there are a couple more expected. I think I also mentioned that the leaving of the manager left behind a task that I am really interested in.

I approached the GM to tell him I was interested. He couldn't keep the surprise out of his voice, said he'd think about it for a bit. I started to tell him a little bit of why I wanted it, he reiterated that he would think about it and turned his back on me and went back to his screen.

Talk about brushed off! The cynic in me says he will dismiss my request out of hand because it doesn't fit in with his plans for his current golden boy.

That task is the only thing about my job that I really like. So, we shall see how soon I move on.

Apart from that, I guess the week as been pretty regular.

Friday night, Sunny brought a friend over and we settled down to eat, drink and watch a dvd. The Elder and the Teen with associated hangers on were due to arrive later that night. The movie was Shutter Island. I expected it to be creepy but it's not! There are a couple of atmospheric points, but nothing like the shorts led me to believe, and a big twist in the plot.

I'm not sure the others enjoyed it, but I liked it.

Everyone arrived safe and well later that night. We talked. We drank. We watched Rage. The Teen, Elder and others trundled off to bed. Sunny and his friend left around 1am, I chased Judah out around 1.45 am. It was a late night.

Saturday morning we were up early to take a trip out to the airport. We were to meet an ex of Raisin's to swap some stuff. The only thing was, we had no description. On the way we noticed a cruise ship docked in the river. I've not seen that before but we thought we would see if we could get a couple of photos on the way back.

We met up with the Ex and did the swap. I've finally got my rings back. And the bonus was some coffee, kopiko coffee lollies, and a handful of dvds. The only problem with that is that my player is very fussy and won't play a lot of dvds that are marked. And some of these are. I think they are copies. At least one of them is damaged and it won't play on either player, but will play on the mac. *sigh*

We paused for the pics on the way homeAs you can see, it's as tall as the buildings! This was about the best I could do. There isn't really anywhere you can stop on the side of the road for a good pic. The best view is on the main drag!

Saturday afternoon was quiet. I spent some time flashing the bling around. Saturday night the Teen and her boy went out to a friend's place. At around 12.30 we got a call to come pick them up. Her boy was too ill to get himself walked home. MOTH went out to get them. When he came back, I could hear voices but didn't pay much attention. MOTH came back to the bedroom. He told me he had to get some help from the Elder's lad to help get the boy out of the car! There is some suspicion of drink spiking because the onset of the illness was too quick to be much else. And he has no memory of what he said/did/happened. And the Teen swears he only had 3 drinks.

It was a rough night by all accounts.

The boy was very embarrassed in the morning.

Sunday dawned, bringing with it MOTH's birthday. I asked what he had planned. Not much. I asked what he wanted for dinner that night. He chose chicken braised with lemon grass. We had to nip out and buy the chicken and a lemon *i use that instead of lemon grass* and stuff for dinner was set.

I did a small spot of washing. Not much else. That afternoon we spent some time watching the some of the dvds.

Until dinner. It's not difficult, just a little time consuming by the time you flour, egg and flour the chicken and brown them in the pan. But the end result is absolutely delish. It's a popular fave among my lot.

After dinner MOTH requested that they do the washing up. I don't know why he does that - we have a dishwasher. Before I wandered off to bed, I stacked and started the dishwasher.

Goodnight everybody. Gosh I'm so tired!

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

boy, I hope that kid's drink wasn't spiked, especially if it was at a private residence!

Sounds like a lovely weekend.

Fingers crossed re the job, too. make sure I'm the first to know if he does give it to you!

*whemna* um, okay, I give up...

JoeinVegas said...

Hope you get the task. If not it might be time for a new GM - can you stay with the university and move departments?