Saturday, January 01, 2011

it's like 4 seasons in one day.

Or two weeks worth of doings crammed into one post...

Week ONE *that could almost make a good title for a movie!*

It's Monday and I'm finally on holidays! Whoo! Seems like I've been waiting for this moment for ever. The Elder also gets home today. It's good to see her and Fred seems to think so too. He seems to be deliriously happy. I'm checking my facebook account and lo! There is a message from Sub's mother, telling me how poor they are this Christmas; that the Elder owes them all this money and surely I could help them out? And she made sure to tell me that the Elder also wrote on the walls and Subs has been working hard to clean it off. Cheeky!

I really don't know what the purpose of the email could have been. I'm certainly nowhere near as well off as she. And if the Elder really does owe that amount of back rent, what the heck rent was she charging for a rat and flea infested two room hovel in a very overgrown backyard full of rubbish? With not even, I might add, a flushing toilet?

The Elder it seems took the offer to not pay rent when she became unemployed at face value...

On Tuesday MOTH has appointment with his GP. The suture site looks fine for the most part but the ends of the incision are becoming a little inflamed. It's still weeping. Infected the GP states. A course of antibiotics for you!

Wednesday morning we left on the road trip. Hoping to get away around 6am we finally left home around 6.45am. Through the city and out on the highway, I spy a chap riding a motorcycle. He's wearing shorts *silly* and I can see the hairs on his legs blowing in the wind!

There are delays on the way. It seems a truck has gone off the side of the road and I'm hoping his family doesn't have to deal with the full impact of a truck crash. We stop near Maryborough for Sexie coffee. The Elder assures me it is VERY good. MOTH buys me a coffee while I take Fred and Sheldon for pit stops. He comes back. Plum pudding flavour he says proudly. Alas, it tastes just like an ordinary flat white. His and Elders have much more flavour - they are mocha.

The road is bad! Full of rough patches and potholes. And this our national highway??

On Thursday we took the Teen to have the phone changed over to her name. There is no trouble doing this, but when it comes to actually giving her the phone, they won't. Until the account is fully activated. Just in case. What?? I've never had this happen before. I got a new account with Optus 3 years ago and I got the phone straight up then. Oh, they say. We can't give you that. And it could take up to 24 hours for the account to activate. The Teen is so very not happy!

The following day we're back at the shop to check to see if it is ready. Success! Finally.

Saturday is Christmas day. We head out to mum's after breakfast for the grand present opening. Everyone finds a spot while Dad gives out all the presents, one by one. MOTH and I manage to snag a double slow cooker. I steal some recipes from Mouse's new recipe book. *grins* Both MOTH and I have managed to bag some good stuff. We head back to Mouse's place to get changed and then off for lunch at a local restaurant. The food was good and the restaurant not too crowded.

Boxing day dawns and we head to mum's for lunch. Roast lamb. Who can pass that up? We decide to catch up with the kids later on in the day. I ask MOTH if he would consider taking Sheldon back with us. I feel that the Elder is going to have trouble housing the two of them. A friend has offered a place, but only if they get along with her pets. it is much easier for Fred to get on with her small dog than it would be for Sheldon to get along with her two cats. He agrees. But oh! I've misjudged how much it would cost for fuel to get here. There isn't enough in my bank account now. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Mother has mentioned in passing she would give me some, but I don't want to have to rely on that.

Maybe I could stay till Thursday *payday*?

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Potholes? Bad road? Are you sure you weren't driving in South Australia??? One road we went down was just like the old "cement" road out toward Biloela! Awful!

*stermo* you could seriously injure your stermo on those roads...