Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Should I or not?

Finally! I've found an anti-virus for the mac. A free one. Windows products abound. When are software vendors going to realise that mac isn't as obscure as it used to be. Even multiplatform games are hard to find. And expensive when you do!

The week started as normal. Monday and off to work. Today I've received an offer I can't refuse. They disguise these as "opportunities". Something that needs to be done; the kind of job you would like to avoid. I didn't really want this one but had been told that I had expressed an interest in doing more work on the technical side. Well, sure, I wanted to do that but certainly didn't want that particular job!

I finally decided that I would accept it, purely because I didn't see any way to avoid it. I told C, but nothing has been done about it yet. An alternative has been suggested so investigation continues.

Ma and Pa arrived Tuesday. A flying visit as they pass through to visit a relative who lives in the area. It was a hard sell, but I finally managed to convince her to make the effort. Ma took us out to dinner for my birthday. A little early but I wasn't complaining! We went to Woodfires, a lovely restaurant attached to the local watering hole. I had chicken breast in a creamy garlic sauce. The chicken was sooo tender! Almost melt in the mouth. I was impressed. Ma always orders fish and chips when she goes out. Doesn't matter where. Then often comments that the fish was too oily and didn't taste good. This time I managed to get her to order chicken schnitzel. It was too dry.

On Wednesday we drove them out to the rellie's house. A lovely little lowset place. New, glossy. Absolutely lovely. He's very proud of it. We had lunch, then came home.

Bought the Elder's birthday present on Thursday. I can't tell you what it is - she might read this!

Saturday I was bored, and talked MOTH into going out to a shopping centre just so I could buy a DVD. It's one of the combo packs that has the blu-ray, a dvd and a digital copy. I have seen them before but haven't been sure if you get any value from having the extra. More expensive too of course. I paid $30 for this one. The lass behind the counter tells me that you can use the digital copy on your ipod etc. That could be useful. The movie is Legend of the Guardians. The one with the owls. Oh my good goodness! Visually stunning! The story line is pretty standard, but I was totally entranced by the imagery.

Haven't loaded it on the computer yet. Lazy bones....

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

didn't know you had a blue ray player. Not gotten that technically advanced ourselves yet.

So you decided to take that offer after all. It's hard to say no when they push it at you. If you say no to something you don't want to do, you may not get offered the one you DO want to do.

*opeare* it opeares you have to do that crappy job afterall :-)

The elder said...

Ooh I have been wanting to watch that movie!!

My present?? I wantsssss!!
I just gotta figure out what to get you yet woman! Might have to wait until I get down there.

Ooh. Maybe not! Just had an idea.....

*chaging*
The sound of the idea going off in my head....

JoeinVegas said...

The elder could use one of those IPhone apps that makes noises.
Probably couldn't post them here anyway, never mind.