Monday, February 07, 2011

The week that was.

It's been a quiet week this week. Nothing much has been going on since two more of the GTs resigned. One will finish in a couple of weeks, the other will finish in April.

It's been a week of fairly high temperatures and threatening showers. The humidity has been terrible. It's drag-yourself-about-to-avoid-standing-too-long-in-one-spot. If you do, everyone will be stepping over the little puddle of grease.

This week I decided to break out a pair of shoes I've not worn for some time. They are blue platforms; the top looks like blue denim with brass buttons and the soles are moulded in a similar fashion. Minus the buttons. Toward the end of the day I noticed my shoes seemed to be .... well, farting. Unfortunate. And there was mysterious stuff appearing on the carpet. When I kicked them off after arriving home I discovered to my horror that the soles are disintegrating! Right out from under me. I don't know if I am game enough to give them one or two last runs before they say goodbye.

I caught the bus one morning this week. And it seems I just missed the change. Again. I needed to be in at work a little early but now I don't know what time the next bus will be along. Oh sure, there is a timetable but when the conductor tells you it's just a guide what can you do.

This week I also found out just what the manager thinks of me. I was talking to my supervisor, C, about a work issue. We'd trailed off the conversation a little as she was sending an email pertaining to that which we were just discussing. He came from his office, walked right behind me to my right and spoke directly to C. Over the top of the tail end of our conversation. No Excuse me, nothing. He doesn't even bother to say good evening on the way out of the office door anymore. Maybe if Admin 2 is there he'll make an effort. But not always. I think she and I should leave. Let them function without us then and we'll see how lowly admin staff really are.

Friday we confirmed a bbq date for Saturday with Bestie. Saturday dawned overcast and possibly raining. The bbq is scheduled for mid afternoon for an early dinner. It's fined up a bit by then. And hot. We head over and while there, Bestie's sister in law arrives. We've not seen her for a while, and she had been caught in the recent floods. She's mostly completed the cleanup and is getting ready to replaster the walls.

Bestie and I head out to pick up her brother from the station. It's been many years since I last saw him. It's good catching up.

Around 7.30pm we head off to take him back to his residence. He has to be back by 8pm. The trip home is uneventful.

Sunday I spent with the dehumidifiers running. It's very hot and humid. For some reason, running the airconditioning on dehumidify works better than airconditioning itself. It's cooler and the power consumption is no different. The day is spent at the computer levelling up one of my WoW toons.

Bones is back and so is Castle. It's late to bed tonight.

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Which brother, pray tell, did you see on the weekend?

I wonder if you can get those shoes re-soled? Sometimes cheaper than replacing...

Yes, you and Admin 2 should leave. or at least arrange to be sick for a few days at the same time. Then see what happens! haha.

Does that other thing look any better after that??

sparklingmerlot said...

Leave. Or take leave. But let them realise how much you do.

A bus timetable that's just a guide? The mind boggles!

Your shoes sound ... ummm ... interesting!! Farting AND disintegrating shoes. Now there's a thing.

I can relate to the humidity. We southerners are suffering, too. And the mozzies. OMG the mozzies.

JoeinVegas said...

Hope you can find another job - not much fun to have management not appreciate you