Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Oh! I missed a day.

It's Tuesday, and I have been so busy with work that I didn't post for last week.

And I've left my notes at home so I don't remember what I've done during the week. Sad that.

So, Zman has been sick so I've had to catch the bus. I don't like getting up early but I do like getting to work early. Unfortunately, until Calvin really does invent that transmorgrifier or whatever it is, I shall have to remain a slave to the bus timetable.

I worked from home again on Friday. I think I like doing that. Shame it has to end soon.

Jack came over on Saturday. He has a mower. A very unusual mower. Ok, it's one for professional green keeping. It looks like an old push mower but comes equipped with a very heavy roller and an engine to boot. He just had the blades sharpened and wanted to test them. What better way than on our little patch of green. Green buffalo grass with a touch of blue couch.

It was his way of paying back our feeding him last weekend. He did the lawn and put a criss cross pattern in it. It didn't last long as it rained the next day and the grass lifted a bit. It did make the lawn look ... shiny ... for a while in the afternoon sunlight.

He stayed for dinner again and split a bottle of Jack Daniels with the Elder. And me. The Elder took it much easier this time. She has a head cold. I've decided that I like Jack Daniels. We sat in front of the telly, drinking, watching a special about the JD factory and how it's made, and followed that with the AFL. Aussie Rules for those visiting from far away places. It wasn't a bad game, but it's hard to play when the players are wet, the grass is wet and the ball is wet. Yep, it rained.

Sunday rained. I think it came north for a bit of a holiday. A sleepy day and I didn't do anything special.

Except chased around Azeroth with the Elder. Yes. That's right. She's running a trial and wants her own account.

*rubs hands* Corruption is gooooood...

3 comments:

Butterfly Kissez said...

I have only just got back into WOW again...silly me :D You'll have to let me know what server you are on so I can stalk *ahem* do a couple of quests with you...

Oh and I actually posted this week! Proud of me??? Hahah

Colleen Barnett said...

Nice to have someone mow the lawn for you hey. Ours was done yesterday. Always good to come home to a tidy lawn :-)

JoeinVegas said...

That's funny, you can't remember what you did last week without your notes. (no, I didn't say you were getting old)