Monday, April 04, 2011

Sleepy days

I hope I'm not coming down with something. Last week after my injection I felt much better, more energised. This time, not so much. In fact I spent most of Sunday sleeping...

Monday is a typical day at the office. Including no airconditioning. Fortunately it isn't quite as toasty as it has been and it is closer to tolerable.

Monday night I'm facebooking and wondering what is on television. Nothing of note apparently. So many channels to choose from and nothing on a single one that is worth viewing. A chat window pops up, reminding me that a facebook friend is currently on air. I've not heard him before and decide to tune in. It's a local station in Wales, broadcasting on the net. It's nice to hear him speak from across the ocean. I leave a comment on the group page.

He's evidently impressed! I get a mention, and a dedication. INXS Mystify. Excellent! It quite made a nice close to a tiring day.

I have a new handbag. It's rather a granny looking thing, white with small pink roses, pink zips and handles. It even has a matching umbrella! I thought it might make a nice, smaller alternative for a work bag. The Elder tells me it's such a 'little old lady' thing to have. *shaddup* The cats express their opinion as well. It's chewed. And scratched. Not badly if you don't look hard, but now I'm wondering how long it's going to last.... Zman tells me they've done it because it's ugly.

I notice that Sheldon is once again stealing pins from the drawing board. I guess the threat of the pepper has worn off. I repepper but the pins are gone again, pepper or no. He's obviously a glutton for punishment. The biggest problem is that is where I keep important stuff that shouldn't be forgotten *or pulled down and dropped behind the coffee canister!* Totally aside from the fact that I can't always find the missing pins! I'm waiting for the yell that accompanies the sudden surprise finding of a sharp object....

The rest of the week passes slowly.

Friday I'm giving Sheldon and Jerome their breakfast. I take my time *can't rush or I'll spill it everywhere* and they prowl around my feet. The dishes are on the bench while I measure out. Sheldon is looking up at me while he prowls. In my peripheral vision I see his back legs do a little dance and flick. My foot is now drenched with water and it's all over the floor. I guess someone wasn't paying attention and stepped in the water bowl!

Freddy is scheduled for his operation today. Elder asks me to walk with her into the surgery to drop him off. She's nervous. *heck! SHE's nervous! she's not the one losing something important to her manliness...* All goes well, and he's home in the afternoon but wearing an elizabethan collar. For 10 days to keep him away from the stitches. They must irritate a little, he'll be eating dinner, stiffen, run to the cement and sit his bottom down for a while. Then back to the food. Don't worry Elder, he'll soon be okay.

Saturday afternoon I get a call. Are you home? Bestie and her family want to drop by on their way home. Sure! Why not. They visit pleasantly for a couple of hours, the Elder is keeping the kids busy. It's dark when they leave.

Sunday morning I am feeling exhausted. My throat is a little tickly too. I'm up at 6am as usual, but later in the morning I'm still in my pyjamas and I go back to bed. Sheldon and Jerome join me. I stay there till lunch time. The Elder climbs on the bed and I know the gig is up. I'm just about to get out and MOTH comes in. He laughs at the cat and the kid and says, Look out! A little hop. A little step. And just like a breaching whale, he lands on the bed. Both cats let out a startled yelp and tear out of the room as fast as they could go. We all collapse on the bed laughing.

Sunday night and I'm napping again between 7 and 8pm while I wait for The Mentalist and Castle. Ok, so I've tossed over Bones for a bit. It's all repeats at present. We seem to have missed out on the last three episodes or so of the season. No warning either, thank you!

I barely make it through Castle and it's off to the land of nod. All ready for another week.

... Yawn ...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like that bag - does that mean I'm an old granny too??

Glad the surgery went well. We do tend to worry. Stupid pets...

Hope you feel better soon! xxxxx

Gastronomy Gal said...

am about to go for my flu shot in about an hour! Hope you are feeling a little better very soon.

JoeinVegas said...

Sounds like the pets really keep you entertained/busy