Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mmmmm. Coffee

I was about to say another quiet week at work, but I guess it really wasn't.

I've noticed one of my stress indicators has appeared *i don't feel stressed but three key indicators let me know that i'm just fooling myself* and seems to be getting worse. I think I need a week off work.

Wednesday I was set a task but felt like I wasn't actually allowed to do it. My supervisor, C, asked me to cost a trip for her. To complete this part of the task I don't need much detail, but she proceeded to give me plenty. When I questioned a flight time she became upset and we argued. Sheesh I thought, I've been doing this job for 5 years now, I don't need to be micromanaged!

I emailed to apologise later that evening; explained where I was coming from. She pointed out where she was coming from and all is good.

I was looking forward to the weekend and a bbq for MOTH's birthday.

And then Zman and his boss R *both attending the bbq* had an altercation on Friday. Blimmin heck! That might make things awkward!

I asked Zman later that day if they had made up and he said that his boss had apologised.

We decided we'd dine indoors for the bbq - the weather has been cold overnight. The menu was sausages and salad. Dessert was caramel tart and MOTH's favourite condensed milk tart. The filling for that one is purely condensed milk with enough lemon juice to make it set. I thought I would make the caramel the old fashioned way. It took ages and just didn't seem to want to caramelise very well. I went to lift it out of the boiler and pow! It tipped over and spilled the contents into the water. Gads I was cranky. MOTH went up to the supermarket and bought the tin of the prepared stuff. Next time I think I will use that. Bugger the mucking around.

Cupcake *who had asked for the bbq i might add* didn't turn up so it was a cozy set of JD, MOTH, Elder, Zman, R and his wife, and myself. I was very much on edge when the phone rang and one of the guests hadn't arrived. I was expecting him to beg out due to the other person. But luckily, he did not.

I would have been SO not impressed.

I was still a little wary but they behaved themselves. They left around 10pm. MOTH and the Elder to bed not long after. JD was sleeping over so we talked and listened to music while he facebooked. I left him at about 1.30am.

Sunday was a relaxing and take it easy day. Not much by way of dishes from Saturday to clean up and not a lot of food left over either.

Roast lamb for dinner Sunday. MOTH's birthday on Monday and I wouldn't have time to cook it. The lamb worked well but the veges didn't so much. By the time I carved *tore* and dished up they had gone cold. Gotta love winter!

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

that happens at my house, cold vegies. So I came up with a solution. When the oven is on, the top of my stove gets quite warm. So I turn the plates upsidedown on top of the stove for an hour or so and they end up toasty warm.

And I dish up the vegies last...

Butterfly Kissez said...

Wow what a week you had...I have weeks like when I wonder why I even bother getting out of bed!

*thwition* really?

Gastronomy Gal said...

you had really better watch those stress indicators! At least you know what yours are- that is a good sign. try the caramel again- It jsut takes a couple of goes, but when you get it right, it's so satisfying.