Sunday, June 05, 2011

Stuff

It's been open house this week. The Teen and Skywalker are still here; it seems that there has been at least one of their friends visiting every night.

It's still noisy, I don't think either of them have a volume control.

Work is progressing as usual. The Director came in tohave a chat to our section about the proposed change. He spent a little time explaining the background of his decision to restructure and what it might mean for us. The General Manager left the room so that we might freely discuss how we felt about things. Few of us actually spoke out beyond asking a coupleof questions. I for one did not speak at all. I chose to express my opinion directly to the .... *ahem* Director.

Friday was time for my next injection and a work from home day. Alas, I found out that morning that the last of our download quota had been used the night before. Uh oh. I hope that isn't going to affect my work. It did. That, or the VPN wasn't working properly. I couldn't access the database or the folders I needed.

That Friday is The Teen's birthday. She had a party lined up for the evening. MOTH cooked roast lamb for dinner. Delicious. Friends are scheduled to arrive around 6pm. We've finished dinner and she and Skywalker move to the table outside to wait. 6pm goes by. 7pm goes by. No one is arriving. Eventually two friends come in. They stay for a while then leave. *gods i detest how rude young people are these days. Rsvp yes then don't bother to turn up or just don't rsvp at all* She's running out of smokes and can't afford to buy anything to drink. The mood is low and she doesn't want to party anymore. It doesn't look good. Another friend and her boy turn up. The two earlier friends return. That's better.

Then she finds out that the source she was relying on for her return ticket has fallen through and she now has to find $160 for tickets to return home. Never rains....

JD has finished band prac and is in the area and headed our way. Whoo! He rocks up looking swish in his white shirt, black vest, black skinnys and metal tipped tooled leather boots.

The Elder informs me the next morning that it was after 3am before they headed off to bed.

That day I spent the day in my jammies. Because I just didn't feel like getting changed. The Elder had a minii breakdown. We decide it's likely due to over stimulation - too many people and too much noise. But we are having people over to visit again. Sunny and his friend Sparky came over. I was watching a tv series marathon and Sparky became engrossed as well. They left after midnight.

I spent Sunday in my jammies too. Just because I didn't fel like getting changed. Until it was time to bleach The Elder's hair. Heaven forbid that I get bleach on my Jim Beam flannies! I finished the second series of the marathon and went on to watch part 1 of The Andromeda Strain mini series. They gave the impression it was new, but I am sure I have seen it before.

Curried chicken with rice for dinner *dang, there isn't enough!* and Serial Killer Sunday.

Catch y'all next week.

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Oh dear, kids are a strain. How are they getting along? No stories of murder in the news so must be okay. Sorry about the party. I imagine it would put one right out of the party mood. At least she had her family and a lovely roast dinner. That's about all you need anyway :-)